Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

stubbdog

Old January 31st, 2007, 11:01 AM
I am attaching a screenshot from the Warhammer 40K AB files. I am not authoring it at all, but it has what I need to show you to ask my question. First, look at the attached picture and then I will put questions afterwards.

Ok, so the question is why is some data coming out formatted the way its suppose to (green circles) and some is not (red circles)...? What is causing it? And can this be fixed?

I am having problems with my files that I am authoring, where all of the viewage would be considered red circles, that is why I used this screenshot instead of a screenshot from mine.

I have looked all over and I cannot see any difference in the datacards, in the DAT files, DEF files or anything that I can figure is doing that. I am hoping someone else can point out to me why its happening and where I might look to correct something like that.

Thank you.
stubbdog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ghaz

Old January 31st, 2007, 10:23 PM
Do you play 40K? It's because a dreadnought is a vehicle and has a different set of stats than an infantry model. It's supposed to be that way.
Ghaz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
stubbdog

Old February 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM
I know that the DN is a vehicle.

I am trying to figure out how programmatically you tell it to just put the stat numbers in the boxes (green) in stead of writing out the whole thing (red) or is the only reason it is writing it out is because there are two different statsets involved in the same filter?
stubbdog is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2007, 06:40 PM
In warhammer40k.def, look in the stat sets tab, and compare ccvehicle (dreads) to unit. Notice that in units, only the save box has identity checked? ccvehicle has the three armor stats checked as identities.

Since the columns available include the identity stat for units, they put everything into columns. Since the columns available do not include any identity stats for ccvehicle, theirs are written out.

That's what you want to play around with until you get the behavior you want.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote