Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

kbs666

Old May 28th, 2017, 10:20 AM
For those of us not in Seattle the title says it all I think.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #1
daplunk

Old May 28th, 2017, 01:10 PM
They are giving away special beta access to the first 50 people there for the content market.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 28th, 2017, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
They are giving away special beta access to the first 50 people there for the content market.
I don't post much about RW and I try to stay positive (or at least neutral) when I do. But, does this mean what it sounds like? I sure hope not...

'Cause it sounds like it means that people who head out to PaizoCon will get access ahead of those of us who shelled out (a lot of) money in the Kickstarter 4+ years ago and are still waiting for our content...

I may be misunderstanding, though.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #3
AEIOU

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:25 PM
No comment. Four years in July and still waiting.
AEIOU is offline   #5
joepacelli

Old May 29th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
I don't post much about RW and I try to stay positive (or at least neutral) when I do. But, does this mean what it sounds like? I sure hope not...

'Cause it sounds like it means that people who head out to PaizoCon will get access ahead of those of us who shelled out (a lot of) money in the Kickstarter 4+ years ago and are still waiting for our content...

I may be misunderstanding, though.
I agree with Maidhc. While I was not a part of the Kickstarter. I just recently purchased Realm Works. I don't agree that because you went to PazioCon and were one of the 50 you should be a part of a special BETA access team for the Content Market.

I myself would have loved to gone to Paizo Con this year but could not. My step son is a high school senior and already had tickets to Animazement this past weekend here in Raleigh, NC.

And that's another reason I could not attend. It's in Seattle, I'm on the complete opposite side of the US in North Carolina.

I waited over 1.5 years just to purchase RW based on the Content Market and only recently purchased it based on recent feedback that it was finally being released and I figured now was the time. But the people who were a part of the Kickstarter for the past 4 years deserve to be a part of this BETA access team, they purchased it and earned it.

Hopefully LWD rethinks this. Because if I did attend Paizo Con and was one of the 50 BETA tester. I would not think it fair that myself, someone who just recently purchased the product and is still a newbie should have access to BETA the Content Market when I know of plenty of people on here more deserving just based on there willingness to help others in the forum, and there knowledge.
joepacelli is offline   #6
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old May 29th, 2017, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
It's in Seattle, I'm on the complete opposite side of the US in North Carolina.
I'm practically on the other side of the world in the UK - and I don't want to either travel by plane (I have ethical issues with planes and their fuel) plus I don't want to put myself through the current security things that are involved in travelling to the US, and plus I don't have the funds travel that far anyway.

So, yes, major grumble, though I doubt that the content market will be of much use to me anyway as I don't run Pathfinder. I'm an AD&D person.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #7
daplunk

Old May 29th, 2017, 05:02 AM
Honestly, I get it.

PaizoCon is a huge deal and one I'm sure they are kicking themselves for missing out on being able to show the Content Market in full swing. I'm guessing this is an attempt to create some hype and excitement. We all know its coming and we all know Rob want's to release it as soon as it's ready.

End of the day, more customers means more development which is better for us all.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #8
gaffneyks

Old May 29th, 2017, 05:21 AM
LWD really just need to shut up about the content market until it is actually "Ready" to go.

All they are doing is just upsetting people every time they talk about it.

2 months from now, when it still isn't live, we will hear about people complaining about how they got BETA access, but have not seen anything. blah, blah, blah.....

When I researched Realm Works before buying, i watched on you tube Gen Con demos from 2014 that talked about the Content Market.

It's probably not a good idea to talk about a product that you are years away from delivering.
gaffneyks is offline   #9
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 29th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Honestly, I get it.
Yeah, sorry. I definitely don't get it.

I'm a patient guy, and a huge LoneWolf supporter. I have almost every Pathfinder product for HeroLab, I have purchased a couple of other game systems for HeroLab, and I'm an Alpha Wolf Kickstarter backer for RealmWorks.

I rarely complain about the delays, the waiting, etc. even when there is a tidal wave of such posts coming out. I don't complain about custom calendars not being ready, though they were a major selling point for me. I did not choose to get my money back when LW offered, and still won't because I love this product and I support this company. I don't complain, even though we were assured during the Kickstarter that, while software development carries some risks that delivery schedules won't be met, "the key difference for Realm Works is that most of the work on Realm Works has already been completed, so there’s virtually no risk to product delivery."

But I gotta say, my blood is boiling. Honestly, I don't give a frack if they're kicking themselves for not having the Content Market ready for PaizoCon. They should be kicking themselves for making me wait four years for it. And now because I don't want to spend $600 for a round trip ticket to Seattle and take four or five of my hard earned vacation days to go to PaizoCon and maybe be one of the first 50 at the booth I miss the chance to get "early" () access to what I paid for - wait for it - four years ago!

Shame on you, LoneWolf! After four years, you should be skipping PaizoCon and working on getting the Content Market (and yes, the Kickstarter material, the custom calendars, and all of the other stuff you promised) finished and out the door to the folks who've already bought it, but can't yet use it at its full functionality!

OK, my rant is over. I'm going back to patiently waiting, and you won't hear another word about this from me.

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; May 29th, 2017 at 10:49 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10
Closed Thread