Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

kbs666

Old December 27th, 2015, 07:37 AM
In discussing the storyboard some desired features have come up. I thought I'd post them in one place and see which ones were most desired and which ones the fine folks at LWD would be able to deliver.

1) bidirectional arrows/connections. This would clean up quite a lot of the visual clutter that people dislike about the storyboard but apparently is a problem inherent to the existing tool.

2) The ability to reposition plot points manually. People seem to want to be able to move them around more than horizontally and vertically.

3) Some way to mark progress through the plot. My group meets every 2 weeks and it would be nice to know exactly where we left off at a glance.

Everyone feel free to add anything else you feel is needed to make the storyboard more useful to you.
kbs666 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 27th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Node formatting
  • node shapes
  • node color
  • icons for nodes

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old December 27th, 2015, 07:09 PM
It might be nice to have an overarching story flow system. What I mean by that is have say a circle you can give a story name to. You could connect these circles giving a flow to an overall story. If say you double click on a story circle it would open up to show the plot points in that story and how they connect or don't. Basically, I think it would be nice to start at the Micro and be able to navigate down to the micro when it comes to story/plot points.

It might also be nice to have say region/geographical distinctions. Say I have a number of stories running in Nottingham County but they are connected to stories going on at the capital which is in a different region. Then Nottingham County should be in say a square with all story arcs and plot lines contained within. But a connection should be made from the capitol to Nottingham County to show that there are connections. Again it would be nice to facilitate migration from a macro view to a micro view.
Viking2054 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 28th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
It might be nice to have an overarching story flow system. What I mean by that is have say a circle you can give a story name to. You could connect these circles giving a flow to an overall story. If say you double click on a story circle it would open up to show the plot points in that story and how they connect or don't. Basically, I think it would be nice to start at the Micro and be able to navigate down to the micro when it comes to story/plot points.
You can do this now. plot points in one storyline can point to entire separate storylines.

Quote:
It might also be nice to have say region/geographical distinctions. Say I have a number of stories running in Nottingham County but they are connected to stories going on at the capital which is in a different region. Then Nottingham County should be in say a square with all story arcs and plot lines contained within. But a connection should be made from the capitol to Nottingham County to show that there are connections. Again it would be nice to facilitate migration from a macro view to a micro view.
A little more work but you could have a plot group, I think that is what RW calls them, for each county with all the storylines in each county contained in it. You wouldn't have connections except by the method above but otherwise...
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote