Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Vargr

Old November 17th, 2016, 11:26 PM
A very quick test confirms kbs666 finding re. revealed alternative names not being shown in players' view.

Haven't had time to test the other stuff.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Just to clarify how things should be working, revealed ALTERNATE names will NEVER appear in place of the public name. Only the TRUE name should have that behavior.

This is how the names behave everywhere OUTSIDE of Player View. We've verified this is a bug within Player View and it's being fixed.

Once the true name is revealed, it should be swapped with the public name everywhere. The assumption is that the players now know the true name and should reasonably see everything with that name instead of the less obvious public name.

Alternate names are simply that - alternate names. They will appear in the navigation pane whenever you configure them to be shown. They will also appear beneath the public or true name at the top of the content pane, subject to available space. Those are the only places where the alternates will appear at the present time.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old November 18th, 2016, 03:08 AM
It does (helps, that is). :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 18th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Just to clarify how things should be working, revealed ALTERNATE names will NEVER appear in place of the public name. Only the TRUE name should have that behavior.

This is how the names behave everywhere OUTSIDE of Player View. We've verified this is a bug within Player View and it's being fixed.

Once the true name is revealed, it should be swapped with the public name everywhere. The assumption is that the players now know the true name and should reasonably see everything with that name instead of the less obvious public name.

Alternate names are simply that - alternate names. They will appear in the navigation pane whenever you configure them to be shown. They will also appear beneath the public or true name at the top of the content pane, subject to available space. Those are the only places where the alternates will appear at the present time.

Hope this helps!
To be clear, it is your intention that non true name alternate names should never appear in player view at all?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
To be clear, it is your intention that non true name alternate names should never appear in player view at all?
They won't show up as the primary name for the topic shown at the very top. That's going to be either the public name or true name. The list of revealed aliases SHOULD be showing up beneath the primary name, just like they do within the content pane. Their omission is also a bug, although it's not quite as easy to resolve that one. We've got the primary name fixed for a release later today. It's unclear whether we'll have the display of aliases fixed in time for that release.

P.S. We learned about these bugs less than 24 hours ago. The hamsters can only run so fast in their wheels.
rob is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
They won't show up as the primary name for the topic shown at the very top. That's going to be either the public name or true name. The list of revealed aliases SHOULD be showing up beneath the primary name, just like they do within the content pane. Their omission is also a bug, although it's not quite as easy to resolve that one. We've got the primary name fixed for a release later today. It's unclear whether we'll have the display of aliases fixed in time for that release.

P.S. We learned about these bugs less than 24 hours ago. The hamsters can only run so fast in their wheels.
No, rush. I'm just trying to make sure I understand exactly what to expect from the name system now that I clearly had some misconceptions the first time around.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 18th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Kudos kbs in discovering the problem though!
Bidmaron is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2016, 08:14 PM
FYI, the issue with displaying all the revealed aliases will NOT be in the release coming soon tonight. We've got it mostly solved, but it wasn't solid when we had to shift gears to focus on getting the release out the door.
rob is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 18th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the quick turn around.

Please do not think I was ever complaining. I was simply trying to make sure I was right on how the feature was supposed to work and had a bug that was not unique to my installation.

Once the patch is up tomorrow and I've had time to mess around with it I'll do the video I intended to do on the name system which I hope everyone will enjoy. Personally I think the feature has improved considerably over the last few patches, this bug notwithstanding.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote