Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 27th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Something else that could be helpful are labeled transitions. For some types of Plots it'd be nice to show the flow by including what triggers a transition. In my example, you do the Lunchtime Presentation after four events or roughly half the real time available for this part of the adventure, which is likely an hour. Attaching the text "4 Events/1 Hour" to the arrow might help the GM who is skimming the Plot to get an overview of the adventure.

4 Events
--------->
or 1 Hour

<---------

I don't know how many folks would use them as it brings more visual clutter potential, but it's a thought.
Not exactly what you ask, but you can add a description to any of the connections that will then show up as a tooltip when you hover over the connection. You can double-click on the connection to edit it or you can right-click on it and select "Edit Connection" from the menu to be able to set this description.
davidp is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 27th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Tooltips can work as long as you plan to put them on most of the transitions. You have to train your users to look for them on otherwise very thin lines, as there's no indication whether or not a transition has one.

I prefer labels, though.

Parody is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old December 28th, 2015, 05:08 AM
This is a great thread, and is making me think about how to use the storyboard in my prep. From the discussion though, I think part of the discussion might be mixing the storyboard with the relationships tool. If I have an npc that crosses multiple storylines I would probably have a relationship to identify that.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #23 Reply With Quote