Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Unseelie

Old September 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Because I use my MBP for work, I tend to configure with multiple user accounts. Admin, and then a work and a personal user without admin privilege. I installed HL to my personal account, and it will not launch in the other accounts, and instead gives a error dialog:

Quote:
Error on line #0 in /Applications/Hero Lab.app/Contents/LWD/Product/hl.xml - Error reading file: /Applications/Hero Lab.app/Contents/LWD/Product/hl.xml
Seeing as how this file is in app space rather than user space, it doesn't seem like this should be a problem.

Crash log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hero_lab_crash.txt (39.4 KB, 1 views)
Unseelie is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old September 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Radar report filed as well.
Unseelie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Hi there,

This should be fixed in version 4.0c of Hero Lab, which was just released. Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old September 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Hi there,

This should be fixed in version 4.0c of Hero Lab, which was just released. Hope this helps!
Okay, it appears to be 'fixed'... will activating it again in another user account use up a license? If so, perhaps the data files and licensing should live in /Volumes/<volume name>/Library/Application Support/ (or in Shared) rather than in ~/Library/Application Support/.
Unseelie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Nope, multiple activations on the same machine will only count as one license. There are unfortunately major issues with putting the app's files in the main "Library" folder (only the creator can edit them), so we have to put everything in a folder per-user.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old September 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Nope, multiple activations on the same machine will only count as one license. There are unfortunately major issues with putting the app's files in the main "Library" folder (only the creator can edit them), so we have to put everything in a folder per-user.
Cool... so long as it's only one license, I can deal with having to download the data files more than once.
Unseelie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old September 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Out of curiosity, will that extend across operating systems... I mean, if I have HL installed both in the Mac OS, and in a Windows partition via Boot Camp, would that still be one license?
Unseelie is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Unfortunately not; once you get a completely different OS into the mix, HL will detect it as two different computers. You could use your free secondary license on one of those installs, though, and it should work fine, as long as they're using two separate license numbers.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote