Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Patrakis

Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
I don't know if this has ever been discussed before but i think it would be very useful to have a custom text field attached to each item you add in the inventory of a character. The field could be called background and in it, we could write text about the circumtances in which the item was added to the inventory. It could be as simple as:
- Found on a dead kobold in the mines of Malgorym, or,
- Bought in Waterdeep, or,
- Found in the dragon hoard of Ashardalon.

I find this can be very valuable information in the long run and it would keep a nice history of an item.

What do you guys think about this?

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Agree with Pat on this one. This would a useful feature... will be watching the progression of this post. Thanks Pat for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrakis View Post
I don't know if this has ever been discussed before but i think it would be very useful to have a custom text field attached to each item you add in the inventory of a character. The field could be called background and in it, we could write text about the circumtances in which the item was added to the inventory. It could be as simple as:
- Found on a dead kobold in the mines of Malgorym, or,
- Bought in Waterdeep, or,
- Found in the dragon hoard of Ashardalon.

I find this can be very valuable information in the long run and it would keep a nice history of an item.

What do you guys think about this?

Pat
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Patrakis

Old September 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM
You're quite welcome and i'm happy someone else finds the idea interesting.

For me, it would be a god send. That and the ability to had blank lines in the gear section of the inventory so we can had items between printouts. I dont print my character after each sessions.

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 5th, 2012, 06:16 AM
When Realm Works comes out this sort of thing is included, in a round about way. you would just do a search on the item you are looking at and all the information the GM created for it will be veiwable.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Patrakis

Old September 5th, 2012, 06:10 PM
That is interesting to know thanks.

But since if i'm not interested in Realm works, it still would be a nice addition to Hero Lab. And not a very complicated addition, i think.

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old September 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Well, all the different software cant have all the features.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Patrakis

Old September 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Yes i understand that point. Realm works will be a campaign manager and it's cool they are making such a software.

But i don't think having a text field to add comments about a piece of equipment in the character sheet is campaign specific. It's just a nice addition to the character generator for the player. As i said, sometimes the inventory of a high level character can become very cumbersome.

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 11th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrakis View Post
Yes i understand that point. Realm works will be a campaign manager and it's cool they are making such a software.

But i don't think having a text field to add comments about a piece of equipment in the character sheet is campaign specific. It's just a nice addition to the character generator for the player. As i said, sometimes the inventory of a high level character can become very cumbersome.

Pat
ChiefW..
I would still concur with Pat on this, while we are all ancoiusly anticipating the realm software to support this ( of which I still hope to see a reply to my playtest submittal hint hint) BUT I think they would actually be both of service.
If I had access to both right now, the PC sheet for hero lab could be utilized as to what the "character knows" vs the Realms "what the DM intends".
IMO
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote