Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Brand

Old June 16th, 2007, 07:21 AM
I have quite a few programs on my 4GB Flash Drive. From games to document files. What would really be nice is if Hero Lab would function on a Flash Drive so I could use it on any computer I happen to be near.

Just a thought.

Also any possiblity of a Linux Version?
Brand is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
At 08:21 AM 6/16/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I have quite a few programs on my 4GB Flash Drive. From games to document files. What would really be nice is if Hero Lab would function on a Flash Drive so I could use it on any computer I happen to be near.
That would require changing to a completely different licensing mechanism, so it's not likely to happen in the near term. I agree that it would be nice to do that, but the work involved would be significant, as it would radically change how everything works within the product and on our servers.

Quote:
Also any possiblity of a Linux Version?
There are no near-term plans to port HL over to Linux. We first need to get the Windows version fully fleshed out with functionality that hasn't been added yet. Have you tried Wine?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Brand

Old June 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I will play with it on Wine when I have spare time. I was thinking that just haven't tried.
Brand is offline   #3 Reply With Quote