Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

Tirajm

Old February 24th, 2020, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to build a mechanic, and would like to equip my drone with a weapon. Since the drone doesn't have access to the PC's credits, it seems like I should have the PC purchase the weapon. However, once I do so, there is no way to move the weapon from the PC's inventory to the drone's. How am I supposed to do this?
Tirajm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old March 15th, 2020, 11:29 AM
I used the simple expedient of buying the equipment for the PC, then "selling" it for 0 credits, then adding it to the drone using the "buy for free" option. It all balances that way.

Also, it took me the longest time to find where to edit the drone. If anyone else is looking for it, you need to click on "Characters" in the upper right corner of the screen, then select your drone there. Don't try to manually create it as another independent character. That won't do what you want it to.

http://returntoredbook.ttrpg.teaandd...7s%20drone.png
bruuuuuu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old March 15th, 2020, 03:15 PM
It is way too long since I made and played my mechanic. I remember having this issue initially but the note I have in the drone's weapon makes me think I was able to transfer it eventually.
"Actually mounted on Spot (stealth drone), appears here only as a method of paying for the item. Now transferred to Spot."

As long as the drone has a place to receive it, try going to weapons in the Equipment section on the left. Next to the weapon in question, click the three dots and then "move to...". See if there is an option to move it to the drone.

You are correct that the player needs to purchase it as the drone has no credits, it is just a matter of working out how to assign it.

Sorry, I don't remember more specifics. If I can find time later I will play around with this and see what I can work out.
numbat1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old March 15th, 2020, 06:36 PM
I sure hope you can find it. That would work way better than what I posted.
bruuuuuu is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old March 16th, 2020, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbat1 View Post
As long as the drone has a place to receive it, try going to weapons in the Equipment section on the left. Next to the weapon in question, click the three dots and then "move to...". See if there is an option to move it to the drone.
I just checked, there is no such option under the three-dots menu.
dacoobob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote