Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

frumple

Old March 9th, 2015, 02:49 AM
I have a class that grants the character a certain number of evolutions directly to the character. I have gotten it mostly working via. a configurable but I am not able to satisfy the validation conditions on the evolutions.

I have determined the reason is that the validations scripts have statements along the line of

Code:
      if (ishero = 0) then
        validif (parent.field[xAllLev].value >= 7)
      elseif (isminion <> 0) then
        validif (herofield[tCompLevel].value >= 7)
        endif
However my situation will not trigger this since I am on the hero (ishero = 1) and I am not a minion (isminion =0).

Is there a way to force this script to trigger (maybe setting isminion to 1?) so I can satisfy the prereq?
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2015, 08:08 AM
I'd make new versions of those abilities for use in this context.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old March 9th, 2015, 09:30 AM
That is what I was afraid of... oh well.
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old March 11th, 2015, 01:58 PM
How does the synthesist summoner handle it?
Fuzzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old March 11th, 2015, 02:10 PM
The synthesist has scripts hard coded into various evolutions. I got it working, but hadto reenter the evolutions that are in the OGL that the class has access to. Tedious, but not hard.
frumple is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 11th, 2015, 02:12 PM
How does the Aspect ability that the summoner gets at higher levels handle this?

Hint: not the same editor tab as the evolutions used on the Eidolon - it's a more normal tab for classes.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old March 11th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Yep that is basically what I did but made changes for the specific class I am entering.

The trick is that the class only gets access to some of the evolutions, and others have different level requirements. Further, there is an archetype to the class that adds access to additional evolutions and prevents access to others.

Figured it would be easier just to enter the ones I needed with custom tags for the class and the archetype.

I'll take another look at the summoner aspects and see if I can streamline what I did so there are not repeats of things.
frumple is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old March 11th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Looks like I can streamline things, but those evolutions that have prereqs or scripts specific to the summoner (those using #levelcount[Summoner], etc.) and ones that have different requirements I will still have to replace for this class.

Unless... is there a way for a class to be considered as another class? I am not talking like the rogue/ninja since it is possible for players to have this new class and summoner at the same time.
frumple is offline   #8 Reply With Quote