Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

resplendenthawk

Old July 17th, 2009, 01:35 PM
So, I'd really like to use this tool to keep track of my Mage game, but it seems like it might be a year or more before it sees an official release at the current rate. If I wanted to build support for the Mage template into the tool, can I do that using the WoD base file, or does it definitely necessitate using the authoring kit?
resplendenthawk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
resplendenthawk

Old July 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM
So, no answer? Is this question better served in the Authoring Kit section of the forums? I'm trying to determine if I need to purchase and learn to use the Authoring Kit functionality to build in Mage support for the WoD data set, or if I can make the necessary additions (a new "template", spells, etc) with the Editor tool.
resplendenthawk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Posting a question late Friday and expecting an answer early Monday is a little bit unreasonable, isn't it? :-)

Adding support for Mage or Werewolf (or any other WoD setting) to the existing WoD data files is not possible for a user to perform. The internal mechanisms for doing that are not exposed and the reason is that there is some serious work involved in adapting the general mechanics to each setting. Each setting introduces some significantly divergent mechanics that need to be handled and cleanly integrated into everything else. There have been some major issues with integrating the Changeling mechanics, which I'm happy to say are mostly finished at this point. But adding Mage to the existing WoD files is not something that can be done by users. It's going to be meaningful work for us to do internally.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AstraelOrannis

Old July 1st, 2014, 12:37 PM
Is there any update on whether or not there are plans to add Mage: the Awakening data files?
AstraelOrannis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:04 PM
I'm not aware of any current negotiations with Onyx Path, though who knows what the future holds?
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 8th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Does Onyx Path own it or does CCCP Games still own it? That's where the answer lies, Aaron...

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 9th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I thought Onyx Path was the current company? Didn't CCCP sell the WoD IP to them when their plans for a MMO collapsed? FwA
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 9th, 2014, 04:43 PM
That, I'm not certain on. Because I've seen Onyx Path products with the CCCP Games logo on them. So I'm not certain if they sold the rights back to the writers or if they only licensed them to them. If they're under license, then CCCP games would be the problem for us...

Update: I checked on white-wolf.com and it looks like CCCP Games still owns the game systems and that Onyx Path is just a business partnership to actually do the writing for the game systems. This means if we did renegotiate the licensing it would likely have to go through CCCP Games still... With Gen Con coming up though it might be possible that they could be negotiated with. Who knows what the future holds for us?

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; July 20th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
hades200082

Old October 24th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Any updates on this?

I was considering buying the WoD bolt-on for herolab but my favorite WoD game is not supported

Not much point only covering half of a game system/setting either imo.
hades200082 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old October 29th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hades200082 View Post
Any updates on this?

I was considering buying the WoD bolt-on for herolab but my favorite WoD game is not supported

Not much point only covering half of a game system/setting either imo.
Haven't heard any updates as of yet. The original license covered the books released for WoD, Vampire the Requiem, and Changeling's cores as far as I know, but I am not sure if the license covered supplemental books or just what has already been released. Mage wasn't part of the original license and CCP games seems unwilling to negotiate the license currently as far as I know.

RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote