Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 11th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Since you mentioned Regional I am guessing this is from Forgotten Realms. I'll need to know which book it is out of.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 11th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Lemur View Post
Small issue, but the Regional feat Bloodline of Fire (fBloodFire) isn't supposed to increase Spell DC, just CL. The Eval script does both, so it's an easy fix to just delete one line.

Thanks
This post has instructions on where to report bugs, along with the links to the respective bug reporting threads and their instructions.

Also I'd like to point out that anything from Races of Faerun isn't guaranteed to work perfectly yet, many things, including feats, were added in a quick and dirty way until I have time to go back and fix them. Many of them may just have place holder scripts actively.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 30th, 2014, 06:36 PM
No Updates in July: Just letting people know that any bugs reported will be added to the to-do list of the respective data files they belong to. I do not currently have time to work on data updates right now. I'm going to be working through another NaNoWriMo camp project and my free time outside of paid work will be going into that fully.

Just wanted to leave a note. I'm not ignoring bug reports, just don't have time to get to them this month. Sorry if this inconveniences anyone.

RavenX is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:57 AM
Camp NaNoWriMo FINISHED Now that the writing is done and over with, having 3 days to spare on validation. I am happy to announce I may soon start fixing bugs and entering fresh data again for the RavenX files.

I ended up with a massive 66 chapter tome this time. Over 3 times my initial goal in words. I feel much better now that I've finally gotten this story off my chest.

RavenX is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Rimfaxe

Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:05 AM
HI Raven

I play in a pure 3.5 Forgotten Realms game (not Pathfinder rules)... how do I get your data files to work with the d20 option in Hero Lab? Or maybe I cant?

Cheers Rimfaxe
Rimfaxe is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Rimfaxe

Old July 24th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Hi guys

I'm a bit confused... The datasets I can find seem to be conversions for Pathfinder... are there any FR datasets that are purely for d20 3.5 or am I missing something? Please help. Specifically looking for the FR Prestige Classes so I can pick them in Hero Lab's 3.5 area...

Cheers Rimfaxe
Rimfaxe is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 30th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfaxe View Post
HI Raven

I play in a pure 3.5 Forgotten Realms game (not Pathfinder rules)... how do I get your data files to work with the d20 option in Hero Lab? Or maybe I cant?

Cheers Rimfaxe
I converted the datafiles from 3.5 over to Pathfinder's ruleset. This means skills and other items have been changed to match the Pathfinder rules and are not quite the same. Pathfinder made a great number of changes to 3.5 such as getting rid of XP costs to craft magic items. Feats and spells that list such costs have been modified to account for this change. As have skill references and the like.

These files are pretty much for use with Pathfinder and not 3.5 at this point. If someone wanted a d20 3.5 version they'd have to check the community data sets for that. Everything I've done is an update for the new ruleset as my group uses pathfinder to play Forgotten Realms.

And as far as I know Pathfinder datasets are not compatible with the d20 ogl data set. There are too many differences between the game systems.

RavenX is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 30th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfaxe View Post
Hi guys

I'm a bit confused... The datasets I can find seem to be conversions for Pathfinder... are there any FR datasets that are purely for d20 3.5 or am I missing something? Please help. Specifically looking for the FR Prestige Classes so I can pick them in Hero Lab's 3.5 area...

Cheers Rimfaxe
In regards to prestige classes, I don't have all of them coded yet. These options tend to be very time consuming to convert. One class can take anywhere from a single hour or two of coding to two days based on the complexity of items it presents me with. I've had days where I spent an entire day just adding a single prestige class from one of these books. They are not an easy conversion so you won't find everything in them. The data files are a work in progress. This means the data is released as I get time to work on it, but it is not yet complete.

RavenX is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
RichieRich

Old July 30th, 2018, 11:00 AM
I've successfully (?) installed the updates from the repository, and can verify they are added from within HL, but don't see any of the books/material as options to check on character creation. I'm using the FR deities as my litmus test, and they don't show up for a cleric to choose.

I have the latest/greatest version of HeroLab, and Pathfinder is updated (as are my other packages)

I havn't deleted any files, trusting RavenX's to overwrite those it needs to. Am I missing a step?
RichieRich is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 31st, 2018, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
I've successfully (?) installed the updates from the repository, and can verify they are added from within HL, but don't see any of the books/material as options to check on character creation. I'm using the FR deities as my litmus test, and they don't show up for a cleric to choose.

I have the latest/greatest version of HeroLab, and Pathfinder is updated (as are my other packages)

I havn't deleted any files, trusting RavenX's to overwrite those it needs to. Am I missing a step?
Have you gone to the config and added those sources to your hero, they are not automatically checked. If they are not on the character CONFIG, then it could be any number of issues. But the most common is that you haven't also installed the other content such as the 3.5 Conversion Content, it has required content for ALL converted content. FR, Rvn, Darksun, Dragonlance etc.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; July 31st, 2018 at 11:55 AM.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote