Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Madmaxneo

Old July 30th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I am in the process of adding the Masks book from Engine publishing to RW. In truth I wish I did not have to do this but I am not sure when the content market will be open, when exactly Masks will be available, and how much it will cost (I will not be paying full price for this PDF again).

So, has anyone here added Masks to their RW?
If so what section/category/container did you put it under and how did you organize it?

Right now the best place I can find for it is in the Characters category under the General Characters Article. I also want my players to have access to this for character inspiration.

Edit: Maybe I should move the container under Mechanics Sources instead, but a "General Characters Article" makes sense in a way....
What makes more sense to you all?

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).

Last edited by Madmaxneo; July 30th, 2017 at 01:05 PM.
Madmaxneo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 30th, 2017, 02:41 PM
The way I've seen it done and the way I would do it would to be to put it in the World Almanac instead of the Mechanics. I'd personally create them as Individuals.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 30th, 2017, 03:59 PM
In my Paranoia realm I have three levels of character Topics:
  1. Descriptions of a generic character type that could appear in any adventure. These specify a role and a sample personality or two but almost no stats: "Briefing Officers" are typically around Green Clearance, have antagonistic personalities, might have (list of Mutant Powers) and be a member of (list of Secret Societies), etc.
  2. More fully fleshed out NPCs with some specifics, mostly characters that appear in a single adventure but don't need full writeups: "Happy-G-MAN-3" is a briefing officer who sounds like a mafia goon, doesn't like his job, is a member of the Frankenstein Destroyers, etc.
  3. Fully written-up characters with details and character sheets, used for PCs and recurring NPCs.

My generic NPCs (#1 above) are instances of a custom Category and are contained under a Cast List Topic named (naturally) "Generic NPCs". These seem closest to the examples in the Masks sample PDF.

Last edited by Parody; July 30th, 2017 at 04:04 PM.
Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old July 30th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
The way I've seen it done and the way I would do it would to be to put it in the World Almanac instead of the Mechanics. I'd personally create them as Individuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
In my Paranoia realm I have three levels of character Topics:
  1. Descriptions of a generic character type that could appear in any adventure. These specify a role and a sample personality or two but almost no stats: "Briefing Officers" are typically around Green Clearance, have antagonistic personalities, might have (list of Mutant Powers) and be a member of (list of Secret Societies), etc.
  2. More fully fleshed out NPCs with some specifics, mostly characters that appear in a single adventure but don't need full writeups: "Happy-G-MAN-3" is a briefing officer who sounds like a mafia goon, doesn't like his job, is a member of the Frankenstein Destroyers, etc.
  3. Fully written-up characters with details and character sheets, used for PCs and recurring NPCs.

My generic NPCs (#1 above) are instances of a custom Category and are contained under a Cast List Topic named (naturally) "Generic NPCs". These seem closest to the examples in the Masks sample PDF.
I see your points in adding them as individuals as NPCs in my world which is a good idea. Butl the thing is there is much more to Masks than just NPCs. To me it is a list of ideas for inspiration to create NPCs and to inspire PCs for better backgrounds. I may put the core rules in the Mechanics Reference section and the characters as is in the World Almanac and have links corresponding to both.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote