Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lazfin

Old February 17th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Hello, I am new to the editor and getting frustrated that I can't find where initiative is calculated. I used the debug to find the id I needed (tInitAtNm) but I've gone through the various tabs and can't find that record anywhere. Is there a way to do a global search for an id? Thanks!
lazfin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 17th, 2015, 03:25 PM
tInitAtNm is just the field for "Int. Attribute Name". the id for initiative is "Initiative".
many of the fields under "Initiative" affect the final total which looks to be in "tInit" field.
what is it you are trying to do?
psych777 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
lazfin

Old February 21st, 2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks for getting back on this. I'm trying to change initiative so that it is based on a different attribute, but I can't seem to find where Initiative is calculated.
lazfin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 21st, 2015, 10:28 AM
You will not find the actual calculations already in place - most of the core mechanics are in sections not viewable to the users.

However, you will be able to put something in to modify it - you will just need to remove dexterity before you add the new stat.

I'd have a look at the fields on the Initiative object, as well as the tasks for that object, which will allow you to try to work out a) what fields to add/subtract from, and b) when to modify it, then create a Mechanic to do it for you - mechanics are items that always run in the background, without needing to be selected, so are perfect for this.

I will say that whilst not horribly complex, it's also likely to be something of a challenge for someone completely new to the editor.
Portilis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote