Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

eponette

Old November 27th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Hi,

a simple question : will it be translated into other languages?
I have no problems with menus and stuff, but for tags, categories, ... as I play in French, it is not always comfortable to have all these tags in English.
eponette is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old November 29th, 2013, 01:44 AM
No Answer... is it a very hot topic (and no one wants to talk about it)? Or is it so cold than no one cares. Is the customers of Lonewolf are so US/UK that the rest of the world is not worth any attention
eponette is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old November 29th, 2013, 04:59 AM
It's a National holiday here in America, so the staff are taking a couple days off to spend with their families. When they return they'll be able to give you an answer.

I wasn't looking for multi-language support so I don't know if anything has been written about it yet. My guess is that it will follow whatever pattern they've used for Hero Lab, but you should have a more definitive answer in a couple days.
pyremius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old November 29th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the answer. And nice holiday to all US citizens.
eponette is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 29th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponette View Post
Hi,

a simple question : will it be translated into other languages?
I have no problems with menus and stuff, but for tags, categories, ... as I play in French, it is not always comfortable to have all these tags in English.
We have laid some of the ground work for translation into other languages, but at the moment, it would be up to you, the GM to perform that translation work. You can currently go into Manage Tags and Manage Categories and rename the tags/categories to be in French or other languages. Yes, you will need to remove protections to do that, but translating the text for other languages is a use case we had seen for doing this without problems. The warning about protection is more for changing the intention of the existing tags or categories. For example, if you changed an existing tag from being "Female" to be "Neuter", you are totally changing the meaning of the tag. But if you are changing the tag from "Female" to "femelle", then you are keeping the same meaning, just translating to French (I hope, depending on Google translate...)
davidp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old November 29th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Nice. And thanks for the answer. I don't care translating it in french, as long as it can be done. Because in the heat of the game, sometime I have some difficulties translating to the right word (and some of my players doesn't speak a word of English... Sad, I know!! )
eponette is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 29th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
(and some of my players doesn't speak a word of English... Sad, I know!! )
What is sad is I lived in Courbevoie and worked in La Defense for six months and never learned much French other than a few simple words and phrases. :-(
davidp is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
eponette

Old November 30th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
What is sad is I lived in Courbevoie and worked in La Defense for six months and never learned much French other than a few simple words and phrases. :-(
Next time, date some french girls, you will learn very fast

Off topic sorry.
eponette is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2013, 03:36 AM
FYI, we have at least a few members of the current Beta team that have translated the entire content structure into their native language and been creating all their content in that language. So it's something that's been actively done for quite awhile within Realm Works and is definitely supported.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Next time, date some french girls, you will learn very fast

Off topic sorry.
And continuing to stray off-topic, I think my wife would have objected....
davidp is offline   #10 Reply With Quote