Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hookd

Old February 18th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to do certain things using the software.

I am playing a wizard in a Pathfinder: Council of Thieves game. In part of our adventures, we recovered some 'booty'. Here are my questions..

1 . I am unsure how to enter a wand of restoration that has 13 charges. When I entered the wand in my magical items, the wand starts as having 4 charges.

2. I am a 5th level wizard but I found a scroll with spells for a lot of level beyond mine. How do I enter them to record that I have them even though I can't use them yet?

3. In a book, I was given a +1 Engineering skill and +1 disable device? I added the +1 Engineering to the personal tab but when I added in the +1 Engineering and tried to add +1 to it, I got an error that I have used more skill levels than I was entitled. And, I can't figure out what to do with Disable device.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hookd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 18th, 2015, 04:56 PM
1 - On the magic item tab, choose to add a "Custom Wand" item, select the spell, and use the incrementer to set the initial number of charges.

2 - Similarly, add a "Custom Scroll" item and add each spell on that scroll. It shouldn't matter what the spell level is, relative to you.

3 - If this is a magical book which gives you a bonus to those skills when equipping it or whatever, then you may want to try creating an item using our built in editor. If you'd rather not dive into the editor, or if your DM just gave you that bonus as a 1 time, permanent thing, you might want to add a Skill bonus adjustment on the Adjust tab.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hookd

Old February 20th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info.
Hookd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote