Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hebert Magno

Old February 18th, 2015, 04:00 AM
This is something i really miss and can´t find anywhere. A loot distribution system that the GM can register the loot and the players can identify them and distribute it themselves or choose to sell it and share the coins among the players. Is it possible ?
Hebert Magno is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 18th, 2015, 10:02 AM
There's discussion about this on the main feature request thread.

In short, most people seem to manage it by creating an npc to put the loot on, then passing it to the players, who can then import it and transfer the items from the npc to their character as if transferring between any other two characters in a portfolio.

Obviously, the difficulty with this is that it's reliant on player honesty for identification, and is very awkward with cursed items.

I'm working on something to handle identification, but it's slow going, not least because there is no real way to get much information on the item at present - it is possible to grab that it's footwear for example, but not that it's slippers, horseshoes, boots, etc. Even if an additional field were added to handle it, there would be a massive amount of work involved in getting it populated for every item available.

For now, I'm gradually building towards a mechanic that just provides a generic description based on item category (weapon, armour, amulet, gloves, etc), with as much detail as I can reasonable get, until a checkbox is ticked to say the item has been identified. Once I've completed it, I'll chat to ShadowChemosh about whether he'd like it in the Community Pack.
Portilis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old February 18th, 2015, 10:02 AM
wow, sniped at the last second lol
psych777 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote