Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old October 22nd, 2017, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegood666 View Post
So my experience is that all new content, whether purchased or free, shows up in your default list and all your existing character configurations as "enabled".
After purchasing a pack, and loading your first character, the option will be enabled.

If you then untick the option and save the defaults, I guess it isn't supposed to be on when you load the next character.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
joegood666

Old October 25th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Right. That's the current behavior. If you buy something or a new AP comes out, it comes in enabled automatically. The issue is that we play "Core PRD only", we set the defaults that way, and then the moment Hero Lab updates we have to "fix" every single existing character in every single currently-running AP (a total of about 20 PCs), plus we have to remember to update our default settings.

So I'm just saying it would be nice to have a checkbox that says, "Don't enable these by default."

In my mind it's not a huge engineering task, but Lone Wolf has final say, because they know far better than I do how much work it is.
joegood666 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Globetrotter

Old November 4th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Yeah, we also have this problem. We normally do not allow any new books to be added to the game once a campaign starts. But Hero Lab auto adds books, which stops us from buying new material since we have to keep going in and removing things. It is a terrible pain.

I have to always remove new AP's or remove books from packages we bought. There are more problems with the "configure options as well", for example my players are always complaining about how they put 3rd party items at the top. That means we have to scroll through all sorts of things we do not use to get the the official pathfinder options.

Lone Wolf will do what they want and we have to deal with it. It's their company and we are the customers. I would love to have options to of "Pathfinder only content" or "Core Only" as options, for example. Or multiple "default settings" to allow different options depending on the campaign you are playing.

The program is amazing so I cannot complain much, but these things do drive us crazy.
Globetrotter is offline   #13 Reply With Quote