Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old December 9th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Hello again, I have two questions the first is, I have a custom template I'm working on for a game I'm in (basically a lower LA vampire). Reducing the LA by spreading the abilities out over a range of levels. Its mostly done except for this one problem.

I'm trying to bootstrap abilities based on HD, now I seem to be able to get to function based on class level but not HD, the following code works alright but obviously doesn't quite get done what I want.

Code:
count:Classes.? >= 5

The second question is, is it possible to check for a trait as a prerequisite for a feat, if so how..
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 10th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Yes. I should probably point out first that Mathias has rather nicely added some good information in the Pathfinder forum on this. Check it out here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688

Anyway, as to the condition, I think that's what you are looking for. I assume you are concerned about racial HD being included. Races with racial HD add the tag "Classes.Race" to the hero a number of times equal to their HD, so counting the class tags should be equal to the HD. Let me know if I've missed something.

As to your second question, I don't see why not. Traits add a tag to the hero, so if you wanted the trait Abrasive for your pre-req, you could do this:

Code:
hero.tagis[HasTrait.trAbrasive] <> 0
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old December 10th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Code:
Does not count HD properly in all situations, for instance lets say I take another template that has a LA of 5... That is essentially saying add 5 HD. I want it to include level adjustments not exclude them.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 11th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Code:
Does not count HD properly in all situations, for instance lets say I take another template that has a LA of 5... That is essentially saying add 5 HD. I want it to include level adjustments not exclude them.
Ok. That's different. Level Adjustment isn't HD. So what you are looking for is effective character level.

Character level = Racial HD + Class HD
Effective Character level = Character level + LA

That's why I was confused. I thought by saying you just wanted HD, you wanted character level. I'll take a closer look at this and see if I can figure how to find the ECL.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old December 12th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Well, this has been a learning experience but, this particular exercise has been a success. I want to thank you for your help. I will post the finished result when I get all of the regions and feats that are linked with them.

But, that's a lot of finding them and cross-referencing back and forth with the well whatever. That's data entry, not coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Yes. I should probably point out first that Mathias has rather nicely added some good information in the Pathfinder forum on this. Check it out here: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21688

Anyway, as to the condition, I think that's what you are looking for. I assume you are concerned about racial HD being included. Races with racial HD add the tag "Classes.Race" to the hero a number of times equal to their HD, so counting the class tags should be equal to the HD. Let me know if I've missed something.

As to your second question, I don't see why not. Traits add a tag to the hero, so if you wanted the trait Abrasive for your pre-req, you could do this:

Code:
hero.tagis[HasTrait.trAbrasive] <> 0
TobyFox2002 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
Code:
I was just looking at this again. I chose Troll for a race. It added the Classes.Race tag 11 times (HD + LA) and the tag Hero.HitDice 6 times (HD). So, it appears this is, in fact, the correct conditional to use if you are looking for the Effective Character Level.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote