Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

halfhand

Old August 9th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to see if the datasets for WoD were still on track for release this month. I'm really looking forward to having the full version.
halfhand is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Tashtego

Old August 10th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm keen for this to happen. I'm hoping for a dataset for Mage, as that's what I run, but I think that mortals/vampires are coming out first, right?
Tashtego is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2007, 03:59 PM
At 11:52 AM 8/9/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Just wanted to see if the datasets for WoD were still on track for release this month. I'm really looking forward to having the full version.
Our original target was GenCon, but we won't quite make it in time. :-( However, the WoD files should still be out at the end of the month. The initial release will consist of Wod and VtR, plus some extra material thrown in (e.g. the Armory book). Data files for Mage, Werewolf, and Changeling will follow in the upcoming months, along with options like a Clans package that includes data for all the various VtR Clan books.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:51 PM
Any word yet, Rob?

Yeah, we're an impatient bunch
DMG is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 16th, 2007, 03:18 PM
At 02:51 PM 9/22/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Any word yet, Rob?

Yeah, we're an impatient bunch [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you on this. I got derailed on some other stuff and then lost track of this open thread. Oops. :-(

The process with getting the WoD data files completed and signed off has been complicated by a few factors that have been out of our control. White Wolf moved offices shortly after GenCon and encountered all sorts of technical difficulties during that transition. Then the lead developer for VtR left the company and a replacement has since been hired. The new developer is scrambling to come up to speed on everything, and he's got a lot on his plate to get a handle on. Needless to say, these factors have caused lots of unexpected delays in the release process.

Last week, we submitted what we believed to be essentially a release candidate to White Wolf. There were still a few open items that we are waiting for final answers on, but they are minor things and White Wolf is reviewing the RC with those exceptions in mind. We've since identified a few small things that we want to tweak, and White Wolf has said OK to those changes. Assuming we get the answers we're waiting for this week, we should have a final version ready to go on Monday for White Wolf to do a final review and sign-off on. So the final release is imminent, but the ball is White Wolf's court at this point. As soon as we get the green light, we'll absolutely let everyone know.

Thanks for being patient. In the meantime, we'll be releasing a V1.2b update shortly that will include the VtR RC in preview mode. So you'll be able to play with everything in its final form and start kicking the tires prior to the official release.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote