Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old December 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I have come up with some Advantages that are mutually exclusive. I cannot quite figure out the Pre-Requisite Expression. I do not know what the tag thingy is called for an advantage (put in all-caps for reference):

hero.tagis[ADVANTAGE.adxxx] < 1

The adxxx is the advantage that I want to preclude, but I do not know what Hero Lab calls the advantage picks.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
The tag thingy that I need appears to be called a "group" within Hero Lab. I have tried a few ideas, such as advantage, Advantage, adv, Adv, and even feat. None of them are recognized.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 6th, 2012, 03:44 AM
{nods} I seem to recall there's something mildly tricky in how you set up new groups. I started messing with it and then gave up. I'll see what I can scare up when I get home and can check my copy of HeroLab at home.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old December 7th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I found the syntax in 2E, although it's backwards in 3E.

"@valid = !hero.pickexists[adAttract]" in the prerequisite field will only allow the Advantage if, e.g., the Attractive feat is present.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 8th, 2012, 10:40 AM
OK, that works great for if I want to require a specific advantage. How would I make it so that you cannot take an advantage if you have one. For sake of example, if there was an advantage called Ugly, you cannot take it if you are Attractive.

My current project is Eberron. I want one advantage to be Dragonmark with ranks for least, lesser, and greater. I already did that, modeling how to make it look up a chart based on rank from Wealth. But the Aberrant Dragonmark is its own thing and you cannot have both a "regular" Dragonmark and an Aberrant Dragonmark.

Alternately I COULD just make the Aberrant be the first level. The least would cost 2 points and that "extra" point could be towards the benefit of having an actual House Dragonmark.

But other uses also come to mind, like perhaps Status/Rank that uses gender-specific titles.
SeeleyOne is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old December 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
If you remove the exclamation mark, then it works the opposite way to preclude. To get the names of the advantages, either right-click them in the main program, or look at Add Copy in the Editor to find the name.
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 8th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Great! That works, thanks!
SeeleyOne is offline   #7 Reply With Quote