Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 11th, 2013, 04:02 AM
The product is SO much nicer now than it was back in January. I'm obviously biased, but that's also the consistent feedback we're hearing from the Beta team. So if you liked the video, I think you'll be quite happy when we finally get this thing out the door....
rob is offline   #111 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old July 11th, 2013, 06:01 AM
I'm very much looking forward to it. Any chance of an interim update on progress? Not on the scale of an all-up development blog, but something like "still doing stuff, Beta team have discovered a major flaw, server code looking good, expect more news next week" would be HUGELY appreciated by those of us waiting on tenter hooks for early access.
Chemlak is offline   #112 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 11th, 2013, 06:20 AM
I guess when things were discussed before I did not pay attention to the Pathfinder part. I just started playing Pathfinder last month.
SeeleyOne is offline   #113 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old July 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
I'm very much looking forward to it. Any chance of an interim update on progress? Not on the scale of an all-up development blog, but something like "still doing stuff, Beta team have discovered a major flaw, server code looking good, expect more news next week" would be HUGELY appreciated by those of us waiting on tenter hooks for early access.
Or just if "mid-July" still seems feasible.
enrious is offline   #114 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old July 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
I guess when things were discussed before I did not pay attention to the Pathfinder part. I just started playing Pathfinder last month.
I'll note that one of the Kickstarter stretch goals is for a Deadlands adventure trilogy - I actually think that in terms of RW, this is more important than any Pathfinder related content, at least at the start.

After all, putting Pathfinder stuff in seems kinda like a no brainer (especially in light of HL's status with official Paizo material) but having material like Deadlands, which is miles from Pathfinder, demonstrates the flexibility of RW to other companies because it shows that if they want an additional source of sales they should at least take a look at RW.

IMO, the greater vision of the cloud and shared content becomes realized when/if it's more than just Pathfinder people involved.
enrious is offline   #115 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I have been using Hero Lab for Mutants and Masterminds for a few years now, and this last year I started using it for Savage Words. Yeah, when they talked about Pathfinder before it was pretty much irrelevant. But now I actually want to play it. I like the three games for playing different genres. It is great that Realms Works will be usable for all of them (and more).
SeeleyOne is offline   #116 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 11th, 2013, 10:54 AM
It was the data files for Deadlands that actually got me interested in that setting. So while some people may think that data sets steal from a game, that is not true in my case. It was because of that data, and looking it over, that got me interested in buying (and playing) it.
SeeleyOne is offline   #117 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old July 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
I have been using Hero Lab for Mutants and Masterminds for a few years now, and this last year I started using it for Savage Words. Yeah, when they talked about Pathfinder before it was pretty much irrelevant. But now I actually want to play it. I like the three games for playing different genres. It is great that Realms Works will be usable for all of them (and more).
I know the feeling - I plan on using it for campaigns using Pathfinder (3 campaigns), ICONS, Twilight 2000, L5R, and FATE (Star Trek).

I just can't wait to get it so I can get started on entering data.
enrious is offline   #118 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
It was the data files for Deadlands that actually got me interested in that setting. So while some people may think that data sets steal from a game, that is not true in my case. It was because of that data, and looking it over, that got me interested in buying (and playing) it.
That's one of the things I love most about Pinnacle. I think they agree with you on that point and have great fan support and are happy to have folks like LoneWolf even offer data files like that for free. My opinion is it only helps them even more in the long run and they do have a fantastically loyal fanbase, so I'd agree it's a much better way to go than the approach certain other game companies have taken.

I also hope we see more Savage Worlds stuff getting pulled into Realm Works, and I think there is a good chance we might. I'm going to do my part to see if I can help out on that front, but overall we'll just have to wait and see.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #119 Reply With Quote
curufea

Old July 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrious View Post
IMO, the greater vision of the cloud and shared content becomes realized when/if it's more than just Pathfinder people involved.
Well, I intend on using it for an urban fantasy LARP/Freeform we've been running for over a year now set in modern London - so that's probably quite different from Pathfinder

Naturally I'm more interested in the character and plot tracking elements than anything to do with a system.
curufea is offline   #120 Reply With Quote