Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kronicarn88

Old June 19th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Hello as the title says I wish to add the Int Mod to a class special ability.

I created my own ability that grants 1d6 per 2 levels but I would like to add the Int modifier to damage like the Alchemist Bomb ability. please help with either scripting eval or how I would go about doing that.

On a side note I would also like to know how to increase variable X in Xd6 per 2 levels for this same ability.

Thanks.
Kronicarn88 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old June 20th, 2015, 05:57 AM
First things first, in the editor go to Class -> Class Special. Then click "New (copy)" and fiend Bomb (UID is cAlcBomb) and say OK. Take a look at the eval scripts, particularly #1 & #3. Script #1 sets a variable to the number of times the special is live on the character and sets a second variable adding your Int Mod. Be sure to check timing (Phase/Priority) because its very important.

Script #3 has to do with setting the name as it will be seen in a) the list (the level by level break down on the class page), b) the livename (which is displayed on the Specials tab), and c) the sbName (what is shown in a statblock - you can probably skip this part if you have no particular interest in exporting as statblocks for printing). It also sets the abSumm (The text that shows on the special tab after the name).

Also make sure you pay attention to which fields have preset values in them (aka not defined by eval script #1). As they are used in setting the name in eval script #3.

After checking all this out make sure to come back and update with your progress and/or ask more questions. There's always someone around to help.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote