Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
I love this product, and gladly pay for every PF data set to support those who write it.
+1

I can't say how happy I am with this product.
risner is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old December 14th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
=( this is getting to be alot of addional add ons i figured once you had the program better set to do monsters we wouldnt have to buy another add on
As Rob stated, the beauty of this product we know as Hero Labs, We can enter all the information from each book that Paizo puts out for Pathfinder should we choose to do so. We are paying Lonewolf to enter it for us though if we choose to purchase the datasets.

I prefer to pay for the datasets as entering the information in to Hero Labs is fairly time consuming and would take me much longer then I would prefer not to mention I do not have the programming knowledge that I would need to do it effectively. Therefor buying the datasets actually saves me money in the long run as I value my time against the cost of the datasets and purchase accordingly. In this way I am actually saving money in the long run then.

Is your time equally valuable? That it might save you money too
Nikmal is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Shayd3000

Old December 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
At $10 it's a pretty good deal for me to spend on having someone else enter the data. For the hours that it would take for me to enter the data, $10 looks to be a pretty good bargain (it's a lot less than minimum wage, that's fer sure!).

Member: Amorphous Blob Games
Shayd3000 is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old December 14th, 2010, 11:26 AM
yeah Ten bucks is cool im not begrudging them money I thougt it was going to be another 30 dollar add on
Virtue is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
slaaneshgod

Old January 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I love hero lab its been an immense help with both npcs and mobs in my games. I would just like to know if there is any possibility of adding the monsters and npcs from the adventure paths to hero lab for loading? I am running the serpent skull campaign and being able to load up euryptids or dimorphodons would be amazing. i can make up the npcs with available stuff no problem but the monsters i cant

May the Killer Rabbit, eternal servant of chaos, always prevail!
slaaneshgod is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old January 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
We're gamers, just like you, and we're trying to make a living by creating quality tools that we can all leverage in our games.
Rob, you guys are doing it brilliantly. The tools you're creating are the single best thing I have ever used in RPG aids. And the cost is extremely reasonable...I honestly don't know how you guys do it as reasonably as you do.

I just wanted to add my 0.02 gp as a resounding clap on the back for you guys. Thank you for your hard work, and thank you for helping make our games easier to organise and hence more fun to play.
Aldaron is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Aldaron

Old January 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshgod View Post
I love hero lab its been an immense help with both npcs and mobs in my games. I would just like to know if there is any possibility of adding the monsters and npcs from the adventure paths to hero lab for loading? I am running the serpent skull campaign and being able to load up euryptids or dimorphodons would be amazing. i can make up the npcs with available stuff no problem but the monsters i cant
A lot of the critters from the adventure paths are being added (you have to make sure you select the appropriate path in the "Configure Hero" screen) already.

If you want to add your own, it's not that difficult. Open up the editor, create a new file called "race.user", and then import something similar to what you want to create. Sometimes you can actually make a copy, other times you have to create from scratch (but you can still use an existing critter for reference). I find the easiest way is to create the base creature, then create a new NPC and give it the race of the creature you've created. From there, it's a matter of adding the bits and pieces (attribute bonuses, skills, feats, special abilities, etc) and then reloading your NPC until you have the thing you're after. I'm a big fan of trial-and-error!

Bear in mind you'll sometimes need to create new racial abilities/special abilities, too, but honestly, it's not that difficult if you use existing ones as a guideline.
Aldaron is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old January 20th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Something to remember when adding in the characters from the adventure paths, Piazo ddint use all their own rules for the NPC creation. sometimes they refer to old D&D books for feats or abilities. dont know why they did this but they did. i have tried to enter in the NPCs from the kingmaker path but ran into a lot of difficulties.

i talked to Shadow about it on one of our converence calls and we came to the conclusion that the information should just be entered in, knowing that there will be errors, but to just allow the errors to stand.

I have been very busy as of late, new job coming up, business trips and such so i havent gotten nearly as far with this project as i wanted too. i will get back to it soon though. i hope to run a PF game this weekend and will try to get some of the players to help me out and create some of the NPCs themselves.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
slaaneshgod

Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Yeah i have been running the serpent's skull path with my sca group after practice every week. Hero Lab is amazing as a dm tool especially for tracking mobs and the like. I have had trouble with the creating some of the new monsters like dimorphodons but its no biggie I can still run pen and paper. I was more stating that I hoped they added the mobs into the software soon. The adventure path isnt done coming out yet anyway. Thank you very much for the Great work on both Hero Lab and Army Builder without which i would have trouble playing the games I enjoy as much as I do. Keep up the good work and I will keep leaving feedback on things i might like to see.

May the Killer Rabbit, eternal servant of chaos, always prevail!
slaaneshgod is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
cfs2

Old February 21st, 2011, 02:46 PM
For those of us who are not computer savy and cannot easily add to the race section (Ex: Human (Chelaxian)), how about a way to put in what region a PC is from that automatically adds their language? This way an Osirian does not have to put a skill point into languages in order to speak his native tongue.
cfs2 is offline   #40 Reply With Quote