Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shadowfoot

Old February 25th, 2020, 05:27 PM
I have 6 characters I created with my personal account. I have been able to move 5 of them to a campaign, with one so far being assigned to an apprentice account.
One character does not let me select it when trying to add it to the campaign. I also tried selecting the character outside the campaign and use the "Introduce to a campaign" but no campaigns are listed to select.

Is there a limitation on the number of PCs, the length of a character's name (it's quite long but shortening it didn't help), the characters in a PCs name (I tried stripping out anything other than alphabetic characters and spaces but it didn't help).

The character I assigned to be a member-controlled PC does not permit me to view it anymore. Is this expected? I can select the 4 which are still GM-controlled PCs. What do I need to do?

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old February 26th, 2020, 11:30 AM
I finally got the 6th character moved after today's upgrade. It still didn't permit the "Introduce into a campaign".

I stall can't see the details of the characters in Member-Controlled PCs. Do I need to transfer control to the GM to view the details?

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Shadowfoot is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2020, 02:03 PM
It appears that I gave you incorrect information about GMs being able to view the players' characters. While that capability is in place in the backend (my domain), it has not yet been exposed within the interface. So it's not yet available, but definitely in the queue. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

What you can do in the interim is transfer control, exactly as you proposed. This will allow you to review the characters and even edit them, since you will be the controller. Once your review is complete, you can assign control back to the player, and you'll be good to go.

Please note that transferring control AWAY from a player will automatically create a copy of the character in the player's account (outside the campaign). That's a safeguard against GMs taking a character away without the player's knowledge. The GM can still do it, but the player keeps a copy, too. So your players should just trash the copy, since they won't be needing it.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old February 26th, 2020, 03:22 PM
Thanks Rob.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Shadowfoot is offline   #4 Reply With Quote