Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old February 25th, 2020, 04:17 PM
Thanks for putting up the portfolio! I figured out the problem. It'll be fixed in the next release. Alternatively, you can grab the updated COM_5ePack_WGtE - Races.user now over at the GitHub.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 26th, 2020, 05:29 AM
In case anyone is curious what the problem was, the Warforged was using the third set of tool proficiency selection field within the Race tab in the editor. Hero Lab must have seen that Tool 1 and Tool 2 were blank, and assumed that if something was in Tool 3, then Tools 1 and 2 should also have something. Thus it was reporting that something still needed to be selected.

I simply removed the Tool 3 stuff and placed it into Tool 1. Existing portfolios will see a new Tool Selection section in their Race tab, alongside their existing one. Clear out the old and select the new, and the problem will be gone.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old February 27th, 2020, 06:36 AM
Thank You. I can wait for the update if the bug presents no other problem.

The next question;
I created a Human Variant Barbarian with Polearm Master starting feat using a Spear.
I don't really understand how HL figures in the bonus attack using the butt.

As much as I have been able to gather thus far, the scripts enabling this aren't coded in yet, is this the case or am I missing something?

As a workaround, do I add a club to his weapons and use that for the second attack?
Thanks
Venger is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 27th, 2020, 07:12 AM
You're correct that there's no coding for the secondary attack. I personally don't plan to address it, since it's really just a quality of life improvement that can be accounted for by adding a club, as you mentioned.

It would be possible to program the feat to add a 1d4 bludgeoning attack. However, you'd have to first check to make sure the appropriate base weapon is equipped. Then you'd have to pull some of the tags from that weapon (so we can use the proper attack stat), then push them to this new attack. And if you are wielding a non-standard version of one of those items that isn't coded as one of them, the second attack won't realize you're using an eligible weapon and won't work.

It's doable, but not worth the effort in my opinion.

Fenris447 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old February 27th, 2020, 07:20 AM
Quote:
It's doable, but not worth the effort in my opinion.
Very well. Understood.
That's a lot of work it sounds like, things I don't understand yet or may never lol
Using the workaround is fine

I'm just glad to know I haven't missed something.
Thanks

Last edited by Venger; February 27th, 2020 at 07:23 AM.
Venger is offline   #15 Reply With Quote