Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old November 24th, 2017, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Soul View Post
So I stumbled upon the official 3.5 update to the Malign Spell Focus feat. It appears in Champions of Ruin, and changes the save DC increase to +1, down from +2 from the BoVD.

The question now is, do we use the 3.5 version of the class, which requires Spell Focus (evil), or the 3.5 version of Malign Spell Focus with the 3.0 class, or something else entirely?
My goal would be to match the source material as closely as possible, whatever that may be. I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but I'll be sure to consider this when I do.
Sendric is offline   #711 Reply With Quote
chaosproject

Old December 2nd, 2017, 11:08 PM
as a first level DFA we get dragontouched for free which changes our subtype to dragonblood. the program has done the gain 1 hit point, a +1 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and allowing to take dragon feats. It does not seem to have changed the subtype on the Background screen so when the draconic aura is selected it only gives a bonus of +1 instead of +2.
chaosproject is offline   #712 Reply With Quote
Zakier

Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:24 AM
Ebberon campaign setting file.

Its missing the Dreamsight ability

im no programmer but i copied the info in the main shifter trait and copied one of the other shifter abilities and just adjusted it until it made the dreamsigh skill.

Code:
if (field[pIsOn].value <> 0) then
  hero.child[aWIS].field[aPostMod].value += field[Value].value
  #skillbonus[kHandleAnm] += 2

endif

the ability also gives a bonus to wild empathy as a +2 and the ability to speak with animals as if effected by a permenant speak with animals spell
i dontknow how to code those tings so ill leave it to you guys.

Also made the adjustment to the Shifter special to include dreamsight

just need to drop this in there just after Cliff

Code:
if (hero.childlives[pEbShDream] <> 0) then
  if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
    hero.child[pEbShDream].field[pIsOn].value = 1
  else
    hero.child[pEbShDream].field[pIsOn].value = 0
  endif
endif

Here are the shifter trait Details

Quote:
he dreamsight trait is the rarest
of all shifter traits, and many dreamsight shifters
become druids within shifter communities. Unlike
other shifter traits, which increase a shifter’s physical
abilities, the dreamsight trait sharpens a shifter’s
instincts and awareness. While shifting, a dreamsight
shifter temporarily gains a +2 bonus to Wisdom and
gains the ability to communicate with animals as if
under the effect of a speak with animals spell.
In addition, the shifter gains a +2 bonus on Handle
Animal and wild empathy checks, even while not
shifting
Zakier is offline   #713 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 4th, 2017, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosproject View Post
as a first level DFA we get dragontouched for free which changes our subtype to dragonblood. the program has done the gain 1 hit point, a +1 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and allowing to take dragon feats. It does not seem to have changed the subtype on the Background screen so when the draconic aura is selected it only gives a bonus of +1 instead of +2.
thanks. This was actually an error in the Draconic Aura feat. It's been fixed.
Sendric is offline   #714 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 4th, 2017, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakier View Post
Ebberon campaign setting file.

Its missing the Dreamsight ability
Can you point me to the source/page this is listed on. I can't seem to find it.
Sendric is offline   #715 Reply With Quote
Shaman964

Old December 4th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Awhile ago, I don't remember how many updates back I started running into an error with two of my characters. The error is: Critical information not found in Datafiles: Monster Manual 3. For one character this is listed once and for another it is listed twice while loading. It does not appear to affect the characters in any way. They were originally transferred and rebuilt in HL roughly November of 2014.

Fast forward to about a week ago and I am building a new character concept for a campaign. I add the Improved Toughness feat and it adds in perfectly fine but something triggered in my brain, a memory. Though I don't recall if this is a false memory or a real one but the trigger seemed to recall that I needed to add the Improved Toughness template to the previously mentioned characters built in 2014 after picking the feat. I am recalling this correctly.

If so, when whatever adjustments were made to change it over so one didn't have to add the template which I do believe was linked to the MM3 data set, could this be what is now causing the error. Some link set into the character's information that no longer leads to the template given its removal?

<hr>

The deity's weapon specialization for favored soul does not appear to be adding the +2 damage to the weapons stats. I am using the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer material for Pelor.

Last edited by Shaman964; December 4th, 2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Saving on posts. Adding another issue.
Shaman964 is offline   #716 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 4th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman964 View Post
The deity's weapon specialization for favored soul does not appear to be adding the +2 damage to the weapons stats. I am using the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer material for Pelor.
This error appears to be in the Favored Soul class (Complete Divine). It's not related to what deity you choose. I tried different deities and weapons. The Weapon Focus is being correctly assigned, but while the Weapon Spec feat is listed, there's no damage bonus.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #717 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 5th, 2017, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman964 View Post
Awhile ago, I don't remember how many updates back I started running into an error with two of my characters. The error is: Critical information not found in Datafiles: Monster Manual 3. For one character this is listed once and for another it is listed twice while loading. It does not appear to affect the characters in any way. They were originally transferred and rebuilt in HL roughly November of 2014.

Fast forward to about a week ago and I am building a new character concept for a campaign. I add the Improved Toughness feat and it adds in perfectly fine but something triggered in my brain, a memory. Though I don't recall if this is a false memory or a real one but the trigger seemed to recall that I needed to add the Improved Toughness template to the previously mentioned characters built in 2014 after picking the feat. I am recalling this correctly.

If so, when whatever adjustments were made to change it over so one didn't have to add the template which I do believe was linked to the MM3 data set, could this be what is now causing the error. Some link set into the character's information that no longer leads to the template given its removal?

<hr>

I have no recollection of an Improved Toughness template so I can't really speak to that. However, the feat certainly doesn't need a template, so you could remove it from your portfolios. If it's already removed, and you are still seeing the error, I recommend stripping the missing sources (Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources) and then re-saving the file.

As for the Favored Soul issue, I'll look into it.
Sendric is offline   #718 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old December 5th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
This error appears to be in the Favored Soul class (Complete Divine). It's not related to what deity you choose. I tried different deities and weapons. The Weapon Focus is being correctly assigned, but while the Weapon Spec feat is listed, there's no damage bonus.
So the error(?) actually occurs with the feat itself, and it's interesting.

I took a look at both Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization to see how both were functioning (since one was and one wasn't in this case). I examined the fields, and it turns out when you assign the tag Target.? to these feats, it assigns the weapon, but the fChosen field is not filled. As far as the feats are concerned, the user has not chosen anything. This *might* be a bug with core in how the Target.? tag is handled.

Now, as to why Weapon Specialization wasn't working, it's because there is a piece of code that says "if we haven't chosen anything, stop here". This is normal practice for feats that require the user to choose something, and helps prevents errors in certain cases. In this case, it's actually preventing Weapon Spec from working when the Target tag is applied.

Weapon Focus *does* work because it doesn't have this piece of code (which may also be a "bug").

As it turns out, someone created a Weapon Specialization replacement feat in the community set in order to account for other classes qualifying for the feat. That makes this easier to fix. The quick and dirty fix is to simply comment out this particular code, but I'll work on updating the script to account for this oddity.

Update:

For a more complete fix (and code update), replace the entire current script with the following:

Code:
~ If we're disabled, do nothing
  doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ If we haven't chosen anything, get out now
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0) then
    if (tagis[Target.?] = 0) then
      done
    endif
  endif

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  var id as string
  id = field[fChosen].chosen.idstring
  foreach pick in hero where "IsWeapon.?" & id
    perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepSpec]
  nexteach

~ Set our 'short name'
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen <> 0) then
    field[fShortName].text = "Spec: " & field[fChosen].chosen.field[name].text

~ Forward the weapon specialization tag for the weapon to the hero
    perform field[fChosen].chosen.forward[WepSpec.?]
  endif
Note: The replacement feat can be found in Custom - Core Book Mods

Last edited by Sendric; December 5th, 2017 at 05:44 AM.
Sendric is offline   #719 Reply With Quote
Shaman964

Old December 6th, 2017, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Update:

For a more complete fix (and code update), replace the entire current script with the following:

Code:
~ If we're disabled, do nothing
  doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ If we haven't chosen anything, get out now
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0) then
    if (tagis[Target.?] = 0) then
      done
    endif
  endif

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  var id as string
  id = field[fChosen].chosen.idstring
  foreach pick in hero where "IsWeapon.?" & id
    perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepSpec]
  nexteach

~ Set our 'short name'
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen <> 0) then
    field[fShortName].text = "Spec: " & field[fChosen].chosen.field[name].text

~ Forward the weapon specialization tag for the weapon to the hero
    perform field[fChosen].chosen.forward[WepSpec.?]
  endif
Note: The replacement feat can be found in Custom - Core Book Mods
Just so I know I am sure I have this correct, this replaces the eval script for Deity's Favored Weapon for Favored Soul?

Thanks.
Shaman964 is offline   #720 Reply With Quote