Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sarelth

Old October 27th, 2016, 01:26 AM
It's been a while since i was working on creatures and I can't remember if its possible or how to add an effect (let's say a grab effect and a paralysis effect) to a natural attack.

As the title says, I presume that what I am looking for is a bootstrap. Just not clicking any switches in my brain tonight.

EDIT:
May have found what I need, which appears to not have anything to do with bootstrapping at all.

My next problem is remembering how to set the weapon focus feat to a specific focus. In this case tentacle.

And found that one also. Woot.

EDIT:

Since I figured out those problems. Can anyone explain to me how I would add an ability that gives a +30 conditional skill bonus to Acrobatics (Jump)? I added it like any other skill bonus, but when I try to use the data file on my iPad I get an error. I added it as a Racial bonus.

Syntax error in "eval" script fir Thing 'raGHleapcr' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'skS2AcroJu' used by the script

Which I take to mean it doesn't have access to the skill Acrobatics (Jump).

I then tried adding the skill to the data file and it said I was missing the sub-skill definition or something similar.

I could not figure out how to set the sub skill info how it required it. So I am still confused.

Last edited by Sarelth; October 27th, 2016 at 05:26 AM.
Sarelth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2016, 07:40 AM
Have you taken a look at any races with a jump bonus? The Dog for example?

Or how about a Monk's bonus to jump?

HL doesn't have sub-skills, but there is a jump bonus ability.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 27th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
EDIT:[/U][/B]
Since I figured out those problems. Can anyone explain to me how I would add an ability that gives a +30 conditional skill bonus to Acrobatics (Jump)? I added it like any other skill bonus, but when I try to use the data file on my iPad I get an error. I added it as a Racial bonus.

Syntax error in "eval" script fir Thing 'raGHleapcr' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'skS2AcroJu' used by the script

Which I take to mean it doesn't have access to the skill Acrobatics (Jump).

I then tried adding the skill to the data file and it said I was missing the sub-skill definition or something similar.

I could not figure out how to set the sub skill info how it required it. So I am still confused.
The issue here is you loaded up my personal Shadow d20 data set for HL on your desktop. Never loaded it up on the iPad.

While Shadow d20 is free and stuff I don't recommend anyone installing it unless you play in my group. I have lots of mechanical changes to rules that will activate when you turn on Shadow d20.

The community Pack is what I tell everyone that is not in my group to install. That is made for the community and does not have houserules or make changes that can not be turned off.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old October 28th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Shadow, I had it loaded on both actually. Though it didn't work on my iPad, so I removed it there. Thought I had removed it from the Desktop also, guess not. Because it worked fine on my desktop is the reason I tried it on my iPad.

Also Thanks Matthias, that was what i started looking for after posting. I always seem to come up with a solution once I have asked for help.

Last edited by Sarelth; October 28th, 2016 at 10:59 AM.
Sarelth is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old October 29th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I wish I had written done what I did to fix things. I accidently overwrote my datafile and lost the work I had done. Now I can't remember how I added the Grab and Paralysis to the Tentacle attack or even what I searched for to find the answer originally... I need a notebook of snippets of code for HL I think...

EDIT:

Woot. Looking at the Ghoul helped out and was a better way of doing it than the one I used originally.

Last edited by Sarelth; October 29th, 2016 at 10:01 AM.
Sarelth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote