Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

WhiteUnggoy

Old May 14th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone! I'm teaming up with Interjection Games again to bring Strange Magic to Hero Lab, and we're on Kickstarter to make it happen. #2 in Endzeitgeist's Top Ten of 2015, Strange Magic features nine classes (complete with archetypes, feats, and prestige classes) across three magic systems: ethermagic, which while inspired by 3.5's all-day casting warlock, factors versatility into well-rounded designs powered by a replenishing ether pool. Meanwhile, composition classes take the idea of bardic performance and cranks it up to 11, allowing you to weave a variety of effects into your scores, including special effects that kick in as you start or stop performances. Finally, truemagic recitations work by way of rolling truenaming checks against a base DC, which increase by +2 for that recitation every time you succeed. Then, with metamagic-like inflections, you increase the current and future DCs to add effects, allowing low-level recitations to remain useful throughout your career.

The code itself includes visual elements customized around the various subsystems to make the classes quick and painless to play and build: you can see for yourself with our free Ethermancer preview on OBS here.
WhiteUnggoy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 14th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Sounds cool, and it's always nice to see more 3PP products get Hero Lab support. I'll have to check out Strange Magic sometime.
TheIronGolem is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old May 14th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Non vancian magic? More of that? Yes please.
chaoscowboy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
WhiteUnggoy

Old May 15th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Always been my thoughts on the matter, chaoscowboy. And since you mentioned, TheIronGolem, that does remind me that, for anyone looking to check it out, the three Strange Magic systems are tucked away in this corner of the Spheres of Power wiki. (Also present are four other subsystems from Interjection Games, including Herbalism which is the first release for Strange Magic 2.)
WhiteUnggoy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote