Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

salcor

Old May 24th, 2016, 07:48 PM
I am playing around with the Cyberware aspect of the Sci Fi companion file and it had the option of using the cyberware grade rules. How do I change the grade of the cyberware that I am installing? I am trying to make a character for a stopwatch high powered campaign.

Thanks,
Salcor
salcor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 26th, 2016, 12:20 AM
To do what you're after, you need to create multiple version of the cyberware by grade.

To see what it looks like, in the editor create a piece of cyberware and assign tag group="cybGrade" tag="1" to it (Gutterware). The editor is set up to assign this using that drop-down. There are codes 1-4 for the various grades. Then create a hero, and select Sci-Fi Companion, and also select Show Cyberware and Use Cyberware Grades. When you pull up the list of cyberware, you can see that new one listed under "Gutterware".

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd

Last edited by CapedCrusader; May 26th, 2016 at 11:06 AM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 26th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks. When the Sci fi companion was made were cyberware created with grades?

Salcor
salcor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM
No, the Sci-Fi Companion material doesn't use grades. I added that because I knew that Interface Zero 2.0 used it, and I know of several other cyberware settings that also use that idea. That's the reason I didn't build any math into it to figure cost or anything by grade. Each setting would use it's own formulas and I didn't want to bias it.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 31st, 2016, 12:42 PM
Is it possible to look at the files from Sci Fi companion in the editor? I am trying to see how you did things like the Attribute Increase cyberware which increases the die type a step.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 31st, 2016, 03:18 PM
When you are in the Editor on the Cyberware tab just click on the "New (Copy)" button and you can select items from other files you have loaded. Any of the Companion files all are greyed out and will give you and error and you won't be able to modify or save them, but you can see everything that's in those entries and you can still copy and paste whatever you might want to play with into some other entry you create.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 31st, 2016, 06:36 PM
Zarlor,

Thanks for the suggestion. It helped a ton.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 31st, 2016, 07:06 PM
zarlor, an easier way is to open 2 hero labs and copy and past one to the other. I do it all the time.
jbearwillis is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 31st, 2016, 08:45 PM
JBW,
Thanks for that as well. I was wondering how would I include cyberware grades in the setting files?

Salcor
salcor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old June 2nd, 2016, 06:29 PM
Look at what CC says above; you do a setting (.user) file, do multiple copies of each piece of cyberware set by grade, then preclude the old, non-graded cyberware. Its going to be a little labor intensive, but there's no obvious way around that.
Paragon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote