Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

salcor

Old May 18th, 2016, 08:50 PM
I am working on some weapons for an Interface Zero 2.0 user file. For example I want to add a grenade launcher to an assault rifle. Do I I create a weapon entry for each sub weapon (an entry for the rifle and one for the grenade launcher). How do I connect the two? Do I use bootstrap or gizmo?

Salcor
salcor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old May 19th, 2016, 08:10 AM
My method has been to have a second weapon bootstrapped to it. Make it so that the second weapon requires it, maybe even make it unique (in case they happen to have more than one of the original weapon).

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 19th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Yeah, it depends on how the weapons work. For example I've taken to something like a bayonet where I create two versions of the weapon, the base bayonet and a "Bayonet, Mounted" entry. The latter I have bootstrapped to the former but I give it a value of 0, weight of 0 and set it "Hidden" so it's not listed as something a person could buy. That way they just buy the bayonet but also get an entry on their sheet with the stats for it when it's mounted. Setting the weight to 0 also make sure they aren't charged twice for that weight in calculations. You should find an example of that in the Weird War II data file, if I remember correctly.

Now if the grenade launcher is just always integral to the rifle but being mounted on the rile doesn't otherwise modify the stats of either the rifle or the launcher (although usually for grenade launchers many stats depend on the type of grenade used) you could just leave it as a separate weapon anyway. In other words if there is no obvious game mechanic that applies to the two weapons being physically connected then there's no real reason to not leave them as two separate weapons anyway. The player knows they're combined so there's not much benefit to trying to otherwise annotate that on the sheet, I wouldn't think, and thus no realy need to make things harder on yourself to worry about coding something for it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; May 19th, 2016 at 09:24 AM.
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 19th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Zarlor,

So for example you would recommend to create the M-16/M-203 combo you would just create each weapon separately and then just give the character each weapon in his inventory.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 20th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
Zarlor,

So for example you would recommend to create the M-16/M-203 combo you would just create each weapon separately and then just give the character each weapon in his inventory.

Salcor
If the combo doesn't do anything special, then yes I would create them separately since you're going to need two separate entries for them anyway to show their different stats. The only issue you run into is if the rulebook doesn't break out separate costs and weights for them but if it at least has one of them you can just figure out the difference for the other.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote