Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 10th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Actually the 'Component' for Deities is already in place and so is the Editor Tab. In matter of fact Sendric has been testing it for me. No UI exists yet so you can't select a deity in HL. Which is the part that still needs work. So progress.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #431 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 11th, 2016, 07:49 AM
UI is hard to get right, and a lot of it has to do with what you personally find functional and aesthetically pleasing. Oftentimes the boss' or the community at large's opinions on that can conflict with your own, which can be a bitter pill to swallow.
Aaron is offline   #432 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 11th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Release 1.17 - January 11, 2016

Enhancements & Changes
  • 3.5 - Dragon Magic: Draconic Heritage feat now allows selection for all true dragons (except Platinum). (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dungeonscape: Improved functionality for several Factotum class specials.
    (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Extra Slot and Extra Spell feats now allow you to choose the class and spell level to increase. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Mage: Added Arcanist Favored Enemy for use with the Arcane Hunter Ranger class variant. (ShadowChemosh/Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Draconomicon: Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike now add attacks to the natural weapons. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Frostburn: Updated all new spells to match new format. Replaced spells have been obsoleted. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Players Handbook 2: Updated all new spells to match new format. Replaced spells have been obsoleted. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Races of the Dragon: Dragonwrought now allows you to select your dragon type and applies a +2 bonus to the appropriate skill. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Races of the Dragon: Dragon Tail feat now bootstraps Tail Slap. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Battle: Snap Kick feat now provides a Snap Kick weapon which, when equipped, reduces all attacks by 2. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Tobys Custom Stuff: Deprecated Power Attack adjustment. This is no longer needed as of d20 release 5.7. (Sendric)
  • Eberron - Campaign Setting: Added Race.Warforged tag (Sendric)
  • Various: Reverted pick-reqs for all feats back to #hasfeat searches so that feats that qualify as other feats will work. (Sendric)

Bug Fixes
  • 3.0 - Arms and Equipment Guide: Dastana Armor now applies it's AC bonus when appropriate. (Sendric)
  • 3.0 - Savage Species: Necklace of Natural Attacks now shows correct pricing. Users should purchase multiple necklaces in a stack to get the price for affecting multiple natural attacks. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Divine: Favored Soul Deity Weapon Focus/Specialzation abilities now correctly apply appropriate feats to the character, and will now qualify for any feats/prestige classes requiring those feats. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Scoundrel: Malconvoker pre-req for Summon Monster III was incorrectly
    searching for base class tags. Now searches for ability to cast third level spells. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dragon Magic: Draconic Heritage can now be chosen by non-Sorcerers who have the Dragontouched feat. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Dungeonscape: Factotum class special Improved Cunning Defense no longer adds INT bonus to AC prior to level 16. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Magic of Incarnum: Brass Mane's Devastating Roar ability now displays correct radius distance. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Magic of Incarnum: Lammasu Mantle's cone of fire ability now correctly displays DC and damage at all times. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Miniatures Handbook: Some spells were over-writing the Value.5 and Value.10 tag descriptions which caused these tags not to work properly elsewhere. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Races of the Dragon: Dragonwrought feat now changes type from Humanoid to Dragon. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Battle: Fixed typo in Assassin's Stance custom ability. (Sendric)
  • Custom - Universal Specials: DR/Lawful and DR/Chaotic now correctly display the type of damage that byasses them (Sendric)
  • DL - Knightly Orders of Ansalon: Defensive Cleave pre-req now correctly searches for Power Attack instead of Cleave. (Sendric)

Data File Authoring
  • 3.5 - Complete Adventurer: Added Daggerspell Mage PrC (pandashock)
  • 3.5 - Complete Arcane: Added Sublime Chord* PrC (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Complete Divine: Added Hospitaler PrC (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Frostburn: Added Rimefire Witch** and Winterhaunt of Iborighu PrC's (TobyFox2002)
  • 3.5 - Frostburn: Added Major and Minor Iceheart wondrous items^ (TobyFox2002)
  • 3.5 - Libris Mortis: Added The Pale Master PrC (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Magic of Incarnum: Added Incarnate and Soulborn^^ classes (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Battle: Added Jade Phoenix Mage, Ruby Knight Vindicator, and Shadow Sun Ninja PrC's (Illyahr)

New Files Added
  • 3.0 - Oriental Adventures: Includes specials required for Draconic Heritage, Dragonwrought, and Draconic Legacy feats. Also includes Cahar-Aina armor. (Sendric)
  • 3.5 - Tome of Magic: Includes base classes, Pact and Shadow Magic PrC's, items, and feats. (Illyahr & TobyFox2002)
  • Custom - Universal Specials: Will include all type and subtype specials plus anything else that seems appropriate. (Sendric)

Notes
* Currently allows for selection of both Bard and Sorcerer list. May add own list in future.
** Issue with bootstrapping Fey type at 10th level
^ Needs to add spells once spells are re-formatted
^^ The feats have not yet been added so Bonus Feats selection doesn't allow for Incarnate feats yet.
Sendric is offline   #433 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 12th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Note that I have uploaded a minor patch to 1.17. If you have already downloaded 1.17, you will not get a message that a new update is available. However, if you re-download it, you will get the change.
Sendric is offline   #434 Reply With Quote
Katalia

Old February 16th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Thank you so, so much, Sendric!! You are amazing!! ^_^
Katalia is offline   #435 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 18th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I find myself with more 3.5 books and a lot of free time. As I have gotten really bored again, I'm thinking of inputting some of the missing PrC's and feats from MoI, C Arcane, C Adventurer, C Warrior, C Divine, and ToM. That be OK? My ADD puts me in a programming mood.
Illyahr is offline   #436 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 19th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
I find myself with more 3.5 books and a lot of free time. As I have gotten really bored again, I'm thinking of inputting some of the missing PrC's and feats from MoI, C Arcane, C Adventurer, C Warrior, C Divine, and ToM. That be OK? My ADD puts me in a programming mood.
It's absolutely fine. Go nuts. I won't be doing anything for a little bit, so there shouldn't be any overlapping. When you're done, send me the files via email, and I'll get it all integrated. Thanks!
Sendric is offline   #437 Reply With Quote
jewbacca331

Old February 21st, 2016, 08:51 PM
Hey, everybody! I am a firs time poster and I was curious about something. My DM asked me to update everyone's PC sheets to Hero Lab, because let's face it, it's incredible. However, the first one I am working on is a Sorcerer/Dragonheart Mage. I have downloaded the community pack 1.17 and have Races of the Dragon checked in my options, but I do not see the PrC in the list for when I get him to the proper level. Can someone point me in the right direction for that if it even exists yet?

Also, the link I am using for the community downloads is the following URL:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

I just want to make sure I am using the correct link for updates and whatnot.

Thanks so much for your help.
jewbacca331 is offline   #438 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 22nd, 2016, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewbacca331 View Post
Hey, everybody! I am a firs time poster and I was curious about something. My DM asked me to update everyone's PC sheets to Hero Lab, because let's face it, it's incredible. However, the first one I am working on is a Sorcerer/Dragonheart Mage. I have downloaded the community pack 1.17 and have Races of the Dragon checked in my options, but I do not see the PrC in the list for when I get him to the proper level. Can someone point me in the right direction for that if it even exists yet?

Also, the link I am using for the community downloads is the following URL:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

I just want to make sure I am using the correct link for updates and whatnot.

Thanks so much for your help.
The Dragonheart Mage PrC is not added to Races of the Dragon. I will add it to my to do list if you need it for your games.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #439 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 22nd, 2016, 07:31 PM
For some reason my user files have some massive conflicts. I first noticed a little while ago when I noticed that I was missing the content from the most recent update.

I manually forced an update and was faced with a deluge of.. complaints from the compiler about duplicate entries.

Code:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typPlant')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 89) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typMonsHum')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 184) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typElement')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 292) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typVermin')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 374) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typFey')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 453) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typAberr')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 533) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typDragon')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 617) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typUndead')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 716) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typOoze')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 804) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typMagBeas')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 886) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypAir')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 900) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypAngel')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 929) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypArchon')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 949) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypAugmen')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1023) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypChaoti')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1038) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypCold')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1062) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypEarth')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1075) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypEvil')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1088) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypExtraP')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1102) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypFire')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1117) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypForce')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1131) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypGoblin')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1145) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypGood')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1158) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypGuardi')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1193) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypBaatez')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1215) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypDragon')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1228) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypWater')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1242) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypAqua')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1255) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypIncorp')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1282) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypLawful')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1295) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypLight')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1309) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypNative')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1322) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypReptil')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1335) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypShapCh')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1349) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypSwarm')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1369) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypEladri')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1395) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typConstru')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1515) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typDeathle')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1616) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typAnimal')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1727) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typHumanoi')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1826) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typOutside')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1910) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypTanari')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 1932) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('typeGiant')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 2013) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypDwarf')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 2026) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypElf')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 2039) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypGnoll')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 2052) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypGnome')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 2065) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypHalfli')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 2078) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypOrc')
File: Custom - Universal Specials.user (line 2091) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('stypHuman')
Not sure why hero labs didnt even tell me an update was available (i thought i already updated, but I guess not). I am not sure what is going on, normally I only receive warnings about files that I have worked on or conflicts with my user files, I've never worked with Universal Specials, nor the core books that used to contain the types and subtypes.

Any thoughts?
TobyFox2002 is offline   #440 Reply With Quote