Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

runnetib

Old June 19th, 2017, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
That is an odd problem. I must confess I don't think to look at the character sheets as often as I ought.

EDIT: Fixed in my current build.
It does show now, however, a new bug has occurred.

ranged: +x touch xdx
ranged w/offhand: +x touch touch xdx
ranged w/light off: +x touch touch touch xdx
ranged offhand: +x touch touch touch touch xdx
runnetib is offline   #411 Reply With Quote
runnetib

Old June 19th, 2017, 01:21 AM
Bug report:

Sphere oracle of life, haunted, not receiving free slots in the telekinesis sphere as noted in the example in the book. Did not check other curses with free spells.

Non-bug related: maybe I just can't find it, but is there not a way to do holy damage in spheres of power? I was looking for a way to emulate the holy smite spell my oracle has in a sphere rebuild.

Last edited by runnetib; June 19th, 2017 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Addition question
runnetib is offline   #412 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 19th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Runnetib, Oracle, with Sphere Archetype is working for me.

I opened HL, selected Oracle as my class, and Sphere Oracle as the only archetype.
I clicked on curses, and selected Haunted.

At the bottom, there is a window to select the Sphere associated with your curse.
I picked Telekinesis, and have had a Telekinesis tab appear along the top.
Since I don't have TK on the brand new character, the only valid option is the base sphere.

If I then take the base sphere, on the Sphere Abilities tab, I have a lot of options on the Telekinesis specific tab, as the bonus TK ability is now a talent (without a prerequisite) within the TK sphere.

Setting my mystery to Life, did not remove the bonus TK stuff.
Ualaa is offline   #413 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old June 19th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnetib View Post
Sphere oracle of life, haunted, not receiving free slots in the telekinesis sphere as noted in the example in the book. Did not check other curses with free spells.
Known issue, more info here

Quote:
Non-bug related: maybe I just can't find it, but is there not a way to do holy damage in spheres of power? I was looking for a way to emulate the holy smite spell my oracle has in a sphere rebuild.
I don't think "holy" damage is a thing in Pathfinder. There's positive energy, but that's usually about healing, and effects that use it for damage against non-undead targets are quite rare (though I believe the Life handbook is going to have some options along those lines).

If you're referring to how Holy Smite's damage can vary with the target's alignment/subtype, the closest thing SoP has that I know of is the Aligned Combatant drawback for the Destruction sphere.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; June 19th, 2017 at 10:42 AM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #414 Reply With Quote
runnetib

Old June 19th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Quote:
I don't think "holy" damage is a thing in Pathfinder. There's positive energy, but that's usually about healing, and effects that use it for damage are quite rare (though I believe the Life handbook is going to have some options along those lines).

If you're referring to how Holy Smite's damage can vary with the target's alignment/subtype, the closest thing SoP has that I know of is the Aligned Combatant drawback for the Destruction sphere.
My bad, I was thinking of the wrong spell. I meant flame strike, which "evokes a vertical column of divine fire...half the damage is fire damage, but the other half results directly from divine power and is therefore not subject to being reduced by resistance to fire-based attacks."
runnetib is offline   #415 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old June 19th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Quote:
My bad, I was thinking of the wrong spell. I meant flame strike, which "evokes a vertical column of divine fire...half the damage is fire damage, but the other half results directly from divine power and is therefore not subject to being reduced by resistance to fire-based attacks."
Ah, okay. As far as I know SoP doesn't have anything like that natively. But if I wanted to replicate the effects of Flame Strike, I would go with Destructive Blast using Explosive Orb, also using the Admixture talent to combine one of the fire-damage blast types with one that does untyped damage (Radiant Blast would likely be my first choice). Fluff that as a column of holy flame and Bob's your uncle.
TheIronGolem is offline   #416 Reply With Quote
runnetib

Old June 20th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:
...also using the Admixture talent to combine one of the fire-damage blast types with one that does untyped damage (Radiant Blast would likely be my first choice). Fluff that as a column of holy flame and Bob's your uncle.
It took me a lot of digging to find these things you mentioned. Well, not a lot once I stopped looking in the books I have and jumped to the internet. Didn't know the sphere specific books had been released already. I'll have to do more digging.

Thanks for the tip!
runnetib is offline   #417 Reply With Quote
Silver12

Old June 21st, 2017, 04:49 PM
First - thanks for fixing the Treasure Seeker issue!

That being said, I've found another one - the Lingering Transformation talent from Shapeshifter's Handbook is showing text for the Mimicry talent, and I do not see the Mimicry talent at all in the list of selectable talents.

This is when trying to add Lingering Transformation through the Alteration tab as a bonus talent from a drawback.

Also, I am a small size creature using the Celestial Transformation talent to take Celestial form; when I add a bite and claw attack as traits, it is showing damage as a medium creature, not a small creature. Same issue when I add a wing attack from the Avian Transformation talent.

Finally, when I hit 2nd level as a Shifter, I selected Claws as my Bestial Trait. According to the book, I should be able to keep these claws when shifted, however there does not seem to be a way to add these to the 'Shapeshifts' forms, and when I select 'Shapeshifted' from the 'In Play' tab, the claws disappear. If I am reading it right, I should have claws, plus two other traits (one from being level two, plus one from Greater Transformation).

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Silver12; June 21st, 2017 at 05:12 PM.
Silver12 is offline   #418 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old June 21st, 2017, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver12 View Post
That being said, I've found another one - the Lingering Transformation talent from Shapeshifter's Handbook is showing text for the Mimicry talent, and I do not see the Mimicry talent at all in the list of selectable talents.
Gah. This happens to me once in a while; instead of copying a talent and modifying it to the new talent I end up overwriting the previous talent. Usually I catch that before releasing it; this time it got past me.

Quote:
Also, I am a small size creature using the Celestial Transformation talent to take Celestial form; when I add a bite and claw attack as traits, it is showing damage as a medium creature, not a small creature. Same issue when I add a wing attack from the Avian Transformation talent.
OK, I see what I did wrong there. Good catch.

Quote:
Finally, when I hit 2nd level as a Shifter, I selected Claws as my Bestial Trait. According to the book, I should be able to keep these claws when shifted, however there does not seem to be a way to add these to the 'Shapeshifts' forms, and when I select 'Shapeshifted' from the 'In Play' tab, the claws disappear. If I am reading it right, I should have claws, plus two other traits (one from being level two, plus one from Greater Transformation).
Your claws from the Bestial Trait should definitely not be going away when a shapeshift is active. I could swear I put in a system that prevented this, but it doesn't seem to be working now.

Just so we're on the same page about that last part: Bestial Traits from the Shifter class are a separate thing from Traits granted by Alteration effects. You should indeed have two traits if you're a 2nd-level shifter with Greater Transformation (because that's one from a CL of 2 plus one from GT). But your "Shifter claws" will not (and should not) appear on the Shapeshift window as a separate trait. They should appear in your Weapons tab, though, and the fact that they aren't is a bug.

Also, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Bestial Spirit, from the base book.
It should have: Trip, Ferocity, Speak with animals/vermin, and Rend.

It has: Trip, Ferocity, Speak with animals/vermin, Pounce and Trample.
The Pounce and Trample are exact duplicates of the wording from Bestial Reflexes.

The Bestial Reflexes talent has all of the correct options.
I forgot to address this in the last update, but it is back on my radar.

I am aiming to get another bugfix release out this weekend.
TheIronGolem is offline   #419 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 22nd, 2017, 09:44 PM
In the current build, the 'Sphere Abilities' tab has red lettering for an issue present.
Clicking the exclamation, to see what that issue is, it says that my Boon Resource is underspent.

I intentionally wanted more drawbacks then allowed boons, for the bonus spell points.
Ualaa is offline   #420 Reply With Quote