Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old March 17th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'm curious about the scope of the dataset. Even assuming it only covers Green Ronin material and only the current edition, what about the material in Ultimate Power? And will the dataset include, or be built around, the Archetypes that are common shortcuts for building M&M characters?
MPHopcroft is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2007, 11:38 PM
At 06:19 PM 3/17/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I'm curious about the scope of the dataset. Even assuming it only covers Green Ronin material and only the current edition, what about the material in Ultimate Power? And will the dataset include, or be built around, the Archetypes that are common shortcuts for building M&M characters?
These are questions that we don't have definitive answers for yet. From discussions with GR thus far, I'm assuming that the material from UP will be available, but it may be handled as an optional add-on. As for the Archetypes, they will be incorporated in some way, but the exact method is still not yet decided. For example, Archetypes could equally be integrated into the data files for user selection OR they could simply be an assortment of pre-made portfolios that a user loads in and customizes. There are also other possibilities. But nothing has been nailed down yet.

We expect to have a long meeting, in-person, with the GR team at a tradeshow in late April. I expect that we'll have concrete answers to many of the open issues when we return from that show - or shortly thereafter.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old March 20th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Nicole is really cool in my experience, so you should enjoy it.

Although it isn't relevant to this discussion, I am looking for a 1e to 2e conversion guide so I can incorporate The Clique and some of the cooler villains from Crooks! in a 2e campaign.
MPHopcroft is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old March 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Something like this?

http://64.17.155.164/files/MM1e-2e.pdf

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old May 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM
Well its late May any word yet on data sets???

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
At 09:19 PM 5/21/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Well its late May any word yet on data sets???
I'll provide an update in the thread entitled "Any news out of GAMMA?", which covers the M&M material and other upcoming game systems. Please check there in a few minutes....
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:44 PM
Green Ronin has released a new book called the Beginner's Guide, which is essentially a collection of PC Archetypes and Sub-Archetypes. Now, i don't know how many M&M players who will be using HL will be using Archetypes that extensively, and how many will simply wing it as far as building their character and creating their powers. But it's far from useless data.
MPHopcroft is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 10th, 2007, 10:29 AM
MPHopcroft wrote:
>
>
> Green Ronin has released a new book called the Beginner's Guide, which
> is essentially a collection of PC Archetypes and Sub-Archetypes. Now, i
> don't know how many M&M players who will be using HL will be using
> Archetypes that extensively, and how many will simply wing it as far as
> building their character and creating their powers. But it's far from
> useless data.

We talked to Green Ronin at Origins last week, and from what they told
us the Beginner's Guide is an introduction to M&M for new players, not a
collection of archetypes. They do have another product that is a
collection of archetypes and so on, named "Instant Superheroes". Is that
the one you're talking about?

--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
http://www.wolflair.com/
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
I'd like to know if the dataset will continue to be updated as new books are released. The new genre books such as Hero High introduce new powers, feats, and other material to the game. Does your arrangement cover this?
FifthWanderer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2007, 12:19 AM
At 10:31 AM 9/6/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to know if the dataset will continue to be updated as new books are released. The new genre books such as Hero High introduce new powers, feats, and other material to the game. Does your arrangement cover this?
Our agreement with Green Ronin spans the entire M&M line. However, GR ultimately has final say on what material we do/don't include. The initial release will include the core rulebook and material from some additional supplements. A separate add-on is planned that includes the Ultimate Power book and potentially some other supplements as well. The exact contents of the initial release have not been finalized yet, and those contents are ultimately at the discretion of GR.

So the bottom line answer is that yes, our license allows us to support the entire M&M line, but everything is subject to GR's approval. Based on preliminary feedback from GR, they seem quite happy with how we're doing stuff, so the ability to provide data files for the entire M&M line seems highly likely at this point.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote