Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Game System do you most want to use HeroLab Online for?
3.5 d20 OGL 0 0%
4E 0 0%
5E 3 4.84%
Call of Cthulhu 0 0%
Mutants & Masterminds 0 0%
Pathfinder (original) 27 43.55%
Pathfinder 2.0 13 20.97%
Savage Worlds 0 0%
Shadowrun 2 3.23%
Starfinder 11 17.74%
The World of Darkness 0 0%
Other... 6 9.68%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Parody

Old September 18th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Oh is that Aussie haha. Daft is another word for stupid, moronic, idiotic, etc.
I think EightBitz was just double punning your name and the band. (Of course, by explaining it I've ruined the joke. :)

Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old September 18th, 2018, 03:46 PM
I too am waiting for word on this one.
Our group has decided to stick with PF1 for the time being - we have a lot of AP's that we havent played yet.

for us it is the sharing of character sheets and party treasure type stuff which we would use. Hopefully once CM is released we will see some traction.
Happydevil43 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old September 20th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Oh is that Aussie haha. Daft is another word for stupid, moronic, idiotic, etc.
Nah, I think it is a pun on the group name Daft Punk. Someone just couldn't resist.
numbat1 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old September 20th, 2018, 08:00 AM
As to the original post: Rob initially announced that Pathfinder would be the first system made available for HLO after they had Starfinder and the initial set of features implemented and stable to their liking. I believe this is still the plan and that the only reason another system was added first is that Paizo sprang Playtest on them.
numbat1 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old September 25th, 2018, 07:15 AM
With HLO's current state of development, and especially with it's policy of secondary licensing, i.e. none, I have absolutely no desire to abandon the desktop and Ipad apps for it. Let them and Paizo get their acts together on PF2 and Starfinder first.
LazarX is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old September 25th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
I have absolutely no desire to abandon the desktop and Ipad apps for it. Let them and Paizo get their acts together on PF2 and Starfinder first.
I was in the same camp, until my Ipad died (and it costs more to fix than replace).... It would be very nice to be able to have Herolab on something else...as I can buy a Android tablet (and as far as I know there is nothing even remotely close to HL on Android) cheaper than I can an Ipad.

Right now I am using the Desktop version on a Surface Pro - while its ok, its certainly not as user friendly.

The only other alternative for me is to go back to Pen and Paper (shudders)....

Last edited by Happydevil43; September 25th, 2018 at 03:45 PM.
Happydevil43 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Alarian

Old September 26th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Considering how long Realm Works has been in development, I don't think anyone has to worry about compatibility until 2030 or so...
Alarian is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 26th, 2018, 05:53 PM
We need to get other useful features online before we can bring PF across, but we do intend to have it online in the future.
BJ is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old September 26th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Ultimately, PF1 is still available on HLC with pretty amazing functionality. LW have guaranteed us that when it lands on HLO, we will be able to migrate across for no extra cost. In the meantime, there is massive activity with PF2 playtest which a lot of us need support for.

As for slating RW, well I personally have yet to pay any subscription fee and have now run 6 campaigns using the software, which is extremely useful. Have patience and I am sure that eventually all will come to pass.....
talsharien is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 26th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
LW have guaranteed us that when it lands on HLO, we will be able to migrate across for no extra cost.
I'm fairly sure that LWD have stated that there will be a one-off fixed transfer fee to enable your already-purchased data within HLO.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #20 Reply With Quote