Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old March 3rd, 2016, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn082 View Post
All it would need to do is include a rank as though it were actually put in. The manual adjustment increases the bonus, but does not consider the final value as ranks put in.
I'm not sure I understand. If you create a new skill, and then hide or replace the old 3.5 ones, wouldn't you just be putting ranks into the new skill instead of the old ones? In that case, there would be no need to determine what the ranks of the old skills are.

In any event, if this is indeed what you want, then I think the field you would be looking for is either kUserPts or kUserRanks. The former is the number of points you put into the skill while the latter is how many ranks you have, which is only different in the case of cross-class skills. If you use the same script as above with one of these fields (depending on what you need), that should do it.
Sendric is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
saturn082

Old March 3rd, 2016, 10:05 AM
The adjustment I used for testing was skill points. I adjusted skill points up for the combined skills and the result was that the modifier was higher (1 point added to jump for example) but the system didn't recognize that I had actually added a point to jump, it just increased the modifier. As a result any prerequisites that require points in jump were still greyed out.
saturn082 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 3rd, 2016, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'm not sure I understand. If you create a new skill, and then hide or replace the old 3.5 ones
I am not even 100% sure this will work. Once you hide those Skills it will be like they don't exist. Meaning any feat or ability that tried to reference them could fail. This is assuming you are talking about using *HIDDEN and not if a Hide.Skill tag exists. Hmmmm working in too many different systems now I don't remember if Hide.Skill exists in d20....

It maybe better to leave those skills and pull the bonuses from them to the new Stealth skill.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 3rd, 2016, 01:00 PM
This might be a stupid question, but the original request sounds a lot like Pathfinder (those skills are combined and replaced in the same way).

Would it be easier to start with Pathfinder as a base, then, instead of trying to make 3.5 behave that much like Pathfinder at such a core level?
Silveras is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 3rd, 2016, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
This might be a stupid question, but the original request sounds a lot like Pathfinder (those skills are combined and replaced in the same way).

Would it be easier to start with Pathfinder as a base, then, instead of trying to make 3.5 behave that much like Pathfinder at such a core level?
Yep I asked the same thing and it was answered HERE.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
saturn082

Old March 5th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Once again anything you guys could do would be appreciated. Until then I'm just using adjustments
saturn082 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote