Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Pexx

Old September 8th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Well after clearing up that Realm Works is not a VTT I did have a follow up question.

1.) I saw that Hero Lab is being integrated with the D20 Pro (possible D20 Unlimited) VTT. At some point on the road would Realm Works also be integrated to D20 Pro (possibly D20 Unlimited) ?
Pexx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 8th, 2015, 11:40 AM
The LWD folks mentioned it as a possibility back in the post-Gen Con 2014 newsletter, but nothing has happened since then. Neither d20Pro Unlimited nor RW's Content Market updates have come out, so I'm sure they're both pretty busy with other things.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 8th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Hopefully both are considering it. Seems like it would be a good partnership.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old September 9th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
The LWD folks mentioned it as a possibility back in the post-Gen Con 2014 newsletter, but nothing has happened since then. Neither d20Pro Unlimited nor RW's Content Market updates have come out, so I'm sure they're both pretty busy with other things.
As AEIOU noted elsewhere, D20 Pro (now Mage Hand) is like LWD, experiencing growing pains. Great things in the works, but having a hard time meeting their deliverables.

See HERE for DETAILS in their comments KS listing just mere hours old.

DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 9th, 2015, 06:34 PM
d20pro seems less baked than Roll20. The main difference seems to be that d20pro requires you to download an app and, therefore, allows offline use, whereas Roll20 is online only. Roll20 looks slick and I feel like I know how to use it after 15 minutes of setting up an account, watching a short video, and playing around a bit. I haven't bothered to download d20pro yet. I'll try to get around to it, but right now I think Roll20 will serve my needs and I'm not really inclined to download a demo and test it for something I expect to use only rarely. d20pro's demo expires in 20 days whereas Roll20 offers a free account that does all I need from a VTT at this point.

MNBlockHead is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 11th, 2015, 12:03 PM
d20Pro is likely going to be using the same mechanism that Syrinscape used for their integration. We actually talked to them about it when we were at PaizoCon. So it's currently planned, but neither of us can give you an ETA for integration right now.
liz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 11th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
d20Pro is likely going to be using the same mechanism that Syrinscape used for their integration. We actually talked to them about it when we were at PaizoCon. So it's currently planned, but neither of us can give you an ETA for integration right now.
Hmmm... That makes me even more interested to check out Syrinscape integration.

If I can, at the push of a button open a battlemap from RW in VTT that would be nice. But it does seem that you need to do a bit of planning ahead to use D20 Pro as you don't want to be selecting tokens, etc., while your players wait.

But with integrations with D20 Pro, Hero Lab, Syrinscape, and RW, the future looks bright. I'm jealous of Pathfinder players (and those playing other supported systems). Love DnD 5e, but fewer toys to play with.

MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote