Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

phantomwhale

Old February 1st, 2007, 03:29 PM
Once I've added a picture to my characters gallery, it appears I can only change the picture to a different one, there seems to be no X button to remove it like you can do with additional images ?

Side-note: apologies for the many seperate bug reports, but thought it was easier than burying them all in one big post where other users cannot see them.
phantomwhale is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:02 AM
At 04:29 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Once I've added a picture to my characters gallery, it appears I can only change the picture to a different one, there seems to be no X button to remove it like you can do with additional images ?
Only the FIRST such picture is fixed in place and cannot be deleted. As such, you can only change this picture and can't actually delete. All subsequent pictures you add CAN be deleted.

We did this because we wanted to make it clear how and where to add a picture. Do you consider this a problem? If so, what would you recommend as a way to change it while still keeping a prominent indicator to a new user about how/where to add pictures?

Quote:
Side-note: apologies for the many seperate bug reports, but thought it was easier than burying them all in one big post where other users cannot see them.
No problem.

Whatever is easiest is fine on our end.

-Rob
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
At 04:29 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Only the FIRST such picture is fixed in place and cannot be deleted. As such, you can only change this picture and can't actually delete. All subsequent pictures you add CAN be deleted.

We did this because we wanted to make it clear how and where to add a picture. Do you consider this a problem? If so, what would you recommend as a way to change it while still keeping a prominent indicator to a new user about how/where to add pictures?
-Rob
When you come into the background screen, you see a large open box with "click here to add an image of choice" and an option below to open futher image boxes.

When I click on the first box, an image is added and as discussed above can only be changed. However, if you included an "X" to remove the image (as you have with any new image boxes) then you could just replace the image with the "click here to add an image of choice" text - or if there were other images, simply remove the image box. E.g. when the LAST image box is removed, revert to how it is for brand new heros.

Thanks,
Ben
phantomwhale is offline   #3 Reply With Quote