Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 1st, 2014, 09:58 AM
I'm not even sure I can pull this off the way I want to, but I've been long frustrated with the Tactical Console for managing my combats, and for the past year I've been considering using the existing HL portfolio XMLs as a way to load up and get a combat manager that handled all the things the tactical console doesn't (such as applying multiple effects, i.e. Bless or Prayer, and time tracking effects). My plan would be mostly a simple interface in the beginning, expanding as I find time a resources to keep it up, and as I said, not even sure I can make it work like my brain has envisioned (during HL run time is the big issue I'd have to handle). The idea is to have a minimal interface that can be run alongside HL while running the game proper. Anywho, I'm probing for interest in such a thing, or if everyone is happy with the current tactical console.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old December 1st, 2014, 11:42 AM
The combat manager is a nifty tool that I am sure a lot of GM's get a great deal of use out of, however, it is not what I use myself. It doesn't work very well with roll20 the online client I use. I just don't have the screen space to make it worth while especially when I need every ounce of space for the map and dice buttons.

Perhaps I would get more use out of it if there were some form of GM/Player client where we could connect to anyone and they could see what I do with their characters as I do it. Another thing that might help would be if for each of the characters there were either "grouping" options of a section for party wide buffs like IN RANGE of XX checkbox. so I dont need to switch back and forth between the tactical console and the character sheet for adjustments such as Bardic Music and aoe buffs.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote