Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Harbinger

Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:40 AM
Is traveller's garb really supposed to be 100gp. I don't have any of my books with me to double check.
Harbinger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger
Is traveller's garb really supposed to be 100gp. I don't have any of my books with me to double check.
Should be 1gp

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/...ravelersOutfit

For that matter, shouldn't all characters get one "outfit" free, which does not count toward there encumbrance ?
phantomwhale is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:22 PM
At 05:32 PM 2/2/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Harbinger wrote:

Should be 1gp
Yep. This is a bug.

Quote:
For that matter, shouldn't all characters get one "outfit" free, which does not count toward there encumbrance ?
The one outfit is free in cost, but it DOES count towards encumbrance. You can easily control whether you pay for an item when you add it to the character, so it didn't seem all that useful to pre-add it. Were we wrong in this decision?

-Rob
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old February 3rd, 2007, 02:34 PM
I would think not, no. Seems logical enough to me. On the other hand, this would be the outfit you WEAR, no? Might be an idea to be able to add 'worn' or some such?
DannyBoy2k is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old February 4th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
At 05:32 PM 2/2/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
The one outfit is free in cost, but it DOES count towards encumbrance. You can easily control whether you pay for an item when you add it to the character, so it didn't seem all that useful to pre-add it. Were we wrong in this decision?

-Rob
Seems perfectly reasonable to add the outfit manually and simply not pay for it. However, I'm afraid the first outfit does NOT count towards encumbrance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by player handbook - page 131
A beginning character is assumed to have an... outfit. This first outfit is free and does not count against the amount of weight a character can carry
phantomwhale is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM
At 09:34 AM 2/4/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Seems perfectly reasonable to add the outfit manually and simply not pay for it. However, I'm afraid the first outfit does NOT count towards encumbrance:

player handbook - page 131 wrote:
A beginning character is assumed to have an... outfit. This first outfit is free and does not count against the amount of weight a character can carry
Well, that's just a wonderful location to hide that little detail. In a location totally unrelated to encumbrance. Why couldn't they have put this in the general statement about all characters getting a free set of starting garb with the basics of equipment? Man, I really hate the editing (or lack thereof) on some of these books. :-(

Thanks for flagging this!

-Rob
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old February 5th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob

Well, that's just a wonderful location to hide that little detail. In a location totally unrelated to encumbrance. Why couldn't they have put this in the general statement about all characters getting a free set of starting garb with the basics of equipment? Man, I really hate the editing (or lack thereof) on some of these books. :-(

-Rob
Yeah, can't say I picked up on this until I was rolling up an elf scorcerer with 6 Str (he had three 17/18s, so I wasn't gonna reroll), and then every bit of encumbrance was scrutinised (and apparently, wandering around naked wasn't allowed - darn prudish GM)
phantomwhale is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Harbinger

Old February 6th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
Quote:

player handbook - page 131 wrote:

-Rob
By the way, that is a reference from the Player's Handbook, which is not the D20 SRD. You may want to double check that that encumbrance rule is also in the SRD or listed somewhere else as open content, so that WOTCs lawyers don't slap you with a violation of the OGL.

I beleive that it is, but I am not sure. I just don't want to see Wolflair, or Hero Lab get smacked down by lawyers.
Harbinger is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old February 7th, 2007, 05:57 AM
While I don't KNOW...I think that Hasbro/WotC has been asked by Wolflair already, about making Hero Lab, if not outright support the making of the program. So, I don't think there will be any bad things.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2007, 09:16 PM
At 06:20 AM 2/6/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
By the way, that is a reference from the Player's Handbook, which is not the D20 SRD. You may want to double check that that encumbrance rule is also in the SRD or listed somewhere else as open content, so that WOTCs lawyers don't slap you with a violation of the OGL.

I beleive that it is, but I am not sure. I just don't want to see Wolflair, or Hero Lab get smacked down by lawyers.
Thanks for the words of caution. If it's not technically SRD, we definitely would need to be careful in how we handled it. Since it's something that lots of people will play with, but not technically in the SRD, this behavior might be something that needs to be managed via a configuration setting that is user-controllable. That way, everybody is safe. We'll figure this out and get a solution into place.

-Rob
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote