Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BaronB

Old November 18th, 2005, 06:20 PM
New to version 3, been out of stock for an age, but i managed to get hold of it earlier and installed etc.

Being a complete Space marine nut, builig chapters just cos i like to LOL, i tried to produce a space wolf list, Blac templar list, and unlike version 2.2c all ther eis is "space Marines, with the ability to change traits etc. Of course spacewolves and black templar ar rathe rmore complex, i doubt i would see the latest black templar wiht it just being released, but i was disappointed not to see a "Spacewolf" choice. I am totaly stuck now, i was expecting to see "Spacemarine" and a choice ot choose a specific chapter.

Also, i need to make up some combat patrol lists, and ther eisnt an option, although there are loads of like options in version 2.

I feel a little bit put out, although the fantasy is pretty good from what i can see so far.

How does othe rpeople include the spcewolves multipl skills etc, and their none standard squads?

Suppose i wil have to go back to version 2 for sch things, i do hope these items wil be added int he future, i am sure they will, and live in hpe, I think i shouldnt have bought version 3 now
BB
BaronB is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
HakujinGrande
Volunteer Data File Author

Old November 18th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Space Wolves have been in for quite a while. When creating a new roster, select Space Marines, then click the clipboard icon above the box that says "Active Rule Sets". In that window, select "Legendary Chapters" from the list of rule contexts, and it should list all the chapters, including Black Templars and Space Wolves. Selecting a non-codex chapter will enable their unique units and rules. The new Black Templar codex is not available yet, but I expect to have it done soon.

In AB3 all the special chapters are implemented as rules sets under the Space Marine "race" instead of seperate races. Things are implemented a bit differently in AB3 then they were in AB2.2, so you may have too look around for options. As a matter of fact, everything you are looking for is in there, you just have to select the right rules options.

In the future, questions about WH40K should go into the Wathammer 40,000 forum under the Army Builder Datafiles section of this site, or at the AB40K maintainers site at http://ab40k3.homelinux.net/

P.S. It's also important to remember that the fine people at Lone Wolf who make Army Builder are completely seperate from those of us who write the data files. Most (if not all) of the data file authors are not Lone Wolf employees.

Space Marine Maintainer for AB3
Battlefleet Gothic Maintainer for AB3
40K: Space Wolves, 13th Company, Grey Knights, Deathwatch
BFG: Space Marine Fleet, Armageddon Fleet, Tau Fleet
HakujinGrande is offline   #2 Reply With Quote