Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Mr_Rose

Old March 9th, 2011, 02:31 AM
If I change a data file for an army then open a roster created with that army, I always get an "out of system resources" error and AB then exits (unless I use the jump-list in W7), presumably because the army hasn't been recompiled since I made the modification.

Is there any chance you guys could look into getting AB to cleanly recompile an army when loading a roster like that?

Nothing major, but something that would be useful for people who regularly change their data file structure without the use of ABCreator, such as beta testers.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old March 9th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Once you have AB running go into the DEVELOP tab at the top and select "Always Recompile Data Files". Then after you have made changes and saved them you can go back into an already running AB and select "Quick Reload Data Files" from the DEVELOP tab and it should load up the new changes.
At least it has always worked for me.
Yobtar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rose View Post
If I change a data file for an army then open a roster created with that army, I always get an "out of system resources" error and AB then exits (unless I use the jump-list in W7), presumably because the army hasn't been recompiled since I made the modification.

Is there any chance you guys could look into getting AB to cleanly recompile an army when loading a roster like that?

Nothing major, but something that would be useful for people who regularly change their data file structure without the use of ABCreator, such as beta testers.
I've tested this, and I can't make Army Builder give this error. How were you opening the file? Was it by double-clicking the file in Explorer, or some other method?

Also, if you're editing data files and have Data File Debugging enabled, you can hit Ctrl+R and Army Builder will recompile and reload data files for the current game system, then reload the file you had open. Or, Ctrl+C and you can recompile the data files without leaving the product.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote