Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Quintain

Old January 23rd, 2016, 09:52 PM
I'm looking to creating a custom feat that has the psionic feat "Unwilling Participant" feat be able to have it's DC modified by the key ability modifier of the player's choosing (which must be the key ability of one of his manifesting classes). The validation I will do as a to-do, but the DC modification is based on the pick list

From my searches I found:
perform hero.child[fPUUnwillP].tagreplace[StandardDC.?,StandardDC.aINT] -- to change the DC of the feat based on a static ability

Can anyone give the code on what I need to have that aINT be changed to the attribute chosen?

Custom Expression: component.BaseAttr

Similar to something like:
Code:
      ~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

doneif (field[pChosen].ischosen = 0)

~ get the chosen class psionic power attribute and assign to tagexpr
      perform field[pChosen].chosen.pulltags[psiattr.?] 
      tagexpr = tagvalue[psiattr.?] 

~ replace standard dc tag with new tag
      perform hero.child[fPUUnwillP].tagreplace[StandardDC.?,StandardDC.tagexpr]
Am I on the right track?

Note: I am trying to use the class linkage "psiattr" which I believe is analogous to spellattr for spellcasting classes. -- But getting an error.
Quintain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 24th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Pull the StandardDC tag from the selected attribute, delete the existing StandardDC tag on the target, then push the previously pulled StandardDC tag from the feat to the target.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old January 25th, 2016, 05:34 AM
or is the problem that unwilling participant doesn't have a standard dc?
it doesn't use the class level but the manifester level, so the dc is calculated in a script and not using a 'standard' dc (i looked for the StandardDC tag on it and don't find it while i do find it on a feat that is using the standard dc)
psych777 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 25th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych777 View Post
or is the problem that unwilling participant doesn't have a standard dc?
it doesn't use the class level but the manifester level, so the dc is calculated in a script and not using a 'standard' dc (i looked for the StandardDC tag on it and don't find it while i do find it on a feat that is using the standard dc)
This info in the "Bug Report" that Quintain put would have been "really" helpful to have. All the bug report said was does not calculate the DC. So I made it calc the DC but exactly like you said sense it uses Manefiester Level to calc the DC I didn't use the StandardDC tags as it was useless.

I will have to change the logic so that it can be dynamic in which ability score it uses. But StandardDC.? can't be used as its not a "Standard DC". I will have to use one of the other Attribute Tags as the control. I know we have used some Tag before but can't remember which one.

@Quintain. Keep an eye out for the change to the feat and adjust your script to use whatever Attribute Tag I put in.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old January 25th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Ok, thanks.

The problem wasn't one that the DC didn't exist. My question was posted before I figured out that it didn't have a standard DC. I could have added that, but I wasn't sure how the standardDC was calculated.

Once Tim decided to script it, the problem changed a bit.

My feat essentially adds 1 to the DC of the Unwilling Participant feat, but also changes the attribute used to calculate the DC itself.

I've been doing a lot of searching for the answer, but I can't seem to get working code that accesses the psiattr linkage in the class thing to be able to pull the attribute referenced.
Quintain is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
I've been doing a lot of searching for the answer, but I can't seem to get working code that accesses the psiattr linkage in the class thing to be able to pull the attribute referenced.
The "Unwilling Participant" feat has been changed in THIS commit. Simply change the UseAttr.? tag before Final/25000 to change which attribute the feat uses. By default it will use wisdom.

I don't know "where" or "what" your script is running on but the following logic script would work:
Code:
~ Pull the Use Attribute tag from the Class Helper Pick
perform xxxxx.linkage[psiattr].pulltags[UseAttr.?]
~ Delete what ever Use Attribute tag is on the "Unwilling Participant" feat.
perform hero.childfound[fPUUnwillP].delete[UseAttr.?]
~ Set the new Use Attribute on to the Unwilling Participant feat.
perform hero.childfound[fPUUnwillP].pushtags[UseAttr.?]
The only thing you have to fix is the "xxxxx" as I don't know how you are getting to the specific class. Are you doing a Foreach loop, a drop down selection or you know the specific class you want to reference....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote