Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Enforcer84

Old January 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Ok I'm looking to create some racial special abilities and I'm not sure the best way to go about this (if it's even possible).

First:
Race in question can use Haste 2 Rounds a day. That one seems simple enough
and can be done in the editor UI. I wouldn't mind being able to write a script that actually implements this, but if it's just a text box saying "You move fast" I'm cool.

Second:
Race in question gets a +1 to their critical threat range with any weapon, does not stack.

I'm not sure this is even possible. I see the wCritMin.<value> tag, but would it work for this?
Enforcer84 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer84 View Post
First:
Race in question can use Haste 2 Rounds a day. That one seems simple enough
and can be done in the editor UI. I wouldn't mind being able to write a script that actually implements this, but if it's just a text box saying "You move fast" I'm cool.
Set the Racial Special to Include the Spell info for Haste. Then set it for 2 uses for /day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer84 View Post
Second:
Race in question gets a +1 to their critical threat range with any weapon, does not stack.

I'm not sure this is even possible. I see the wCritMin.<value> tag, but would it work for this?
What does NOT stack mean? There is nothing else in Pathfinder that gives just a +1 to the crit range as everything simply uses Improved Crit. So it does not stack with Improved Crit/Keen then?

My advice for help is to look at my adjustments addon as it has a script I wrote that lets a person manually set the crit range of a weapon from 14 to 20. So that script should help in this case to simply do it by 1.

Here is a better thread to look at where someone is asking something similar and you can see near the bottom where I was able to figure out how to manually adjust crit ranges.

Assuming above is correct that you don't want to stack with Keen then this is how you would want to run the foreach loop:
Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "!Helper.Keen" 
~ do stuff to increase crit range by one
nexteach
The "!Helper.Keen" is saying where NOT EQUAL to the Keen being on the weapon.

Also just guessing here but you would want to do this around Final/50,000 for the timing.

Hope that helps.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old January 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Haha! Thanks.
I totally missed the use spell info bit.
As to the crit, you are correct I don't want it to stack with other keen effects for weapons and such.

Let me read your other thread and see if I can hammer this out. Thanks again
Enforcer84 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote