Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Arachnit

Old April 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Hi I have a big problem an will fix it, when I get the new Version of the Army Builder this week.

In germany the Letters for Attack, Life, Int, Moral Worth, Armour Save and all others are not the same as in english. I get confused easily, when i see on the english Rooster table.

How can i change this LETTERS with the construction-kit, without erros in the compiling? In the past I have received error messages always and the AB would not working anymore - but when i copy the backup of the original file back, it works again.

Here you can see the english and the german Rooster - i will change this letters to have the german Letters in the Army Builder:

English Rooster (Picture official from the GW-Homepage and not from the rulebook):

German Rooster (Picture official from the GW-Homepage and not from the rulebook):

Can anyone help me with an tutorial how to change this letters?

Thanks
Arachnit is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Arachnit

Old April 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
/push

Nowbody here?
Nobody from thte Developer Team?
Arachnit is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 11th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Ok, there is an easy way to do this but it is mostly conversion of the text headings. Thus this will not affect how the files actually work.

To change the text for the normal model listing, go into the Definition file for 40K. In the Tabs there will be a "Group". Once you go into this you will see the english "Stat - Weapon Skill". Select this and change the heading from WS to KG. Save and then start up AB and you will see the models with a listing now of KG instead of WS. You would need to repeat this prcoedure for all the headings for the German equivalent.

To change the text for the vehicles/dreadnoughts, go into the Definition file for 40K. In the Tabs there will be a "Unit Stat". You will see WS, BS, etc. Go to WS and change the Name to KG. Save and then start up AB and you will see a dreadnought with a listing now of KG instead of WS. You would need to repeat this prcoedure for all the headings for the German equivalent.

To change the order in which they are listed, go into "Statset". You will see ccvehicle which is used for dreadnoughts (and vehicles with a WS). You will see two columns with << and >>. The right column is what is used the left side is what is available. You will also see an up arrow and down arrow on the right column. Once you select one of the stat ids it will go white and you can use the up/down arrows to change how it is printed. Note that Group should be kept first though.

Note that this is just language conversion of what the OUTPUT would look like. To get a true German file you would have to go into the files and try to do a complete conversion just so you'd get an idea of what it going on behind the scenes.

Also when you are saving your file, duplicate it and name it something else. When you try to update the basic file with a new general release, it will overwrite any work that you have done.

Last edited by shaggai; April 11th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
shaggai is offline   #3 Reply With Quote