Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > BETA: Hero Lab Online Beta Testing

Notices

Acyd69

Old October 29th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure if I should put these in a bug report as noted in the Coming Soon thread, but I am going to do a brief post here so others can see what I was thinking.

1. Languages: Descriptive text is not present for languages. Some planetary languages do not easily identify which races speak that language. Descriptions would be nice (I expect this is inbound already).

2. Armor Upgrades: The Mechanic's Custom Rig can be placed in an armor upgrade slot, recommend adding this to the options listed for armor upgrades. I'm not sure if a "custom upgrade" would be a good idea or not.

3. Armor Upgrade Slots: HLO validates the number of slots required for an upgrade, but only after it has been purchased. It would be convenient if it indicated (via red text) that an upgrade exceeded the slots available prior to purchase.

4. Mouse Over: In Hero Lab, many of the items that are clickable (and quite a few that aren't) have mouse over text to help explain what is going on. This is really nice for skills when trying to determine what bonuses and penalties are being applied.

I also had some thoughts regarding the forum here.

1. Ensure that new updates get stickied so they don't get lost in the other posts. Might be good to unsticky old update posts.

2. The "New Code" post that informs users when the program is offline should get stickied so users don't have to comment on this fact.

Thank you for reading my comments and giving me a chance to help test. Great program, glad you went with a browser version. I look forward to the many improvements that have been listed.
Acyd69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ian
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 29th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Threads for feature requests are fine, just keep an eye out about making threads repeating things that have been said lots of time already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyd69 View Post
4. Mouse Over: In Hero Lab, many of the items that are clickable (and quite a few that aren't) have mouse over text to help explain what is going on. This is really nice for skills when trying to determine what bonuses and penalties are being applied.
This one gets complicated, because we have to make whatever we put in work for devices that don't have mice, without knowing if any given device will have a mouse pointer or not. For example, some "convertible" laptops will go from mouse <-> touch without any difference in browser handling. In the short term, it's more likely that we'll add bonus breakdowns to the details screen you see when clicking on a thing anywhere but the Play tab and to the modal popups on the Play tab (and we'll probably do something to unify those two types of info, too).
Ian is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old December 7th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Also, can a "Custom Language" selection be added to the Languages menu?

Currently playing: Pathfinder Homebrew, Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous AP, Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords AP, Savage (Worlds) Rifts
Zaknaefin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote