Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

egg_green

Old January 5th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Greetings!

First, let me say that I think you all are doing a wonderful job with this product. It makes my life as a GM so much easier, and it is a lot of fun to play around with PC concepts as well! Keep up the great work!

Of course, I am sure you get tons of feature requests, but here is one more: it would be really helpful to have the ability to Customize a monster without having the program remove all of the pre-selected items.

For example, suppose I am creating a Glabrezu Demon with which to challenge my party. However, in this case I want him to have the Cleaving Finish feat instead of Great Cleave. As it is right now, I need to import the stock Glabrezu, check "Customize?" on the background tab, and then re-add all of the languages, skills, and feats except the one that I want to swap out. That usually means getting out my paper copy of the Bestiary and looking up what skills, feats, and languages the base creature has, since they are of course no longer on the hero.

What would be much easier would be a way to make the "stock" items editable just like on a regular hero, so that I could remove the skills, feats, and/or languages I want to change without having to rebuild everything from scratch.

Adding everything back is not so difficult on a 1 HD Orc, but on a 17-HD Dragon it becomes a real pain. As my current campaign is getting higher and higher level, I find myself spending large amounts of time reconstructing creatures because I want to change out a few feats -- something that could be accomplished in a few seconds if clicking "Customize?" didn't wipe out all of the existing selections.

Anyway, thanks for everything you do, and here's hoping that what I am suggesting is a not-too-difficult change that might make it into an upcoming release :-)
egg_green is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I added a new feat that will allow you to choose a feat already on the character and replace it with a new one... this was before I knew about the "Customize" option. But, like you said already, it is sometimes useful to only replace one or two items on the character rather than *everything*.

See this thread:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15106
huntercc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote