Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

sak0232

Old September 22nd, 2010, 03:49 AM
Hi all,

I tried to make one, but I'm getting problems when I try to apply the ATTACK extra to it. Am I just making it the wrong way?

Steve-0

P.S. Thanks for the recent update!
sak0232 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 22nd, 2010, 05:21 AM
I think I've found the problem. The Attack extra requires Personal range, but Teleport is listed as having Rank range. This despite that Teleport is used as a specific example in the Attack extra. Not sure what the best workaround for this is.
FifthWanderer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old September 22nd, 2010, 06:21 AM
LOL , Green Ronin dropped the ball on that one. I tried to do the same thing and found I couldn't make the power in herolab. I thought it was a bug, but went to the rules and found that teleport was ranked and by the rules can't use the attack extra even though the attack extra uses teleport as an example. So Green Ronin needs to clear up that rule a little bit better. So it's not lone wolfs fault, they followed the rules. It's Green Ronins LoL.

Last edited by jbearwillis; September 22nd, 2010 at 06:24 AM.
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old September 22nd, 2010, 07:52 AM
I don't see anything about not being able to use the Attack extra on a ranked power. And Teleport could be considered to have 'Personal' range because it works on the user and can't be used on others without modifiers.
FifthWanderer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Silly question, but is this the generic Attack extra or one built specifically for Teleport? 2E might have needed to use the specific one to bypass just this kind of issue.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 22nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
I don't see anything about not being able to use the Attack extra on a ranked power. And Teleport could be considered to have 'Personal' range because it works on the user and can't be used on others without modifiers.
The description of Attack starts with "This extra applies to personal range effects," and the range of Teleport is listed as Rank in both the entry for the effect and the Effect Table, so while the intent is clear from the Attack paragraph, it's easy to see where the confusion comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Silly question, but is this the generic Attack extra or one built specifically for Teleport? 2E might have needed to use the specific one to bypass just this kind of issue.
There's no specific Attack extra listed under Teleport in DCA (though that's probably how Colen will have to resolve the issue).

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote