Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

marroon69

Old September 16th, 2019, 12:56 PM
It appears there is no way to add formulas to your formula book? So I can only add generic formulas and then change the name? It seems I should be able to pick them like spells and add them to my formula book
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old September 16th, 2019, 02:10 PM
That was/is annoying me as well. However, I loaded one of the Paizo Pre-gens, Fumbus, and saw that in his gear, his formula book had formula names written into the notes. It's almost as if the individual formula items under Gear represent ones you find.

Or they haven't implemented Formula Books as containers yet. But here is a way you can keep track of what's in your formula book. Not ideal but it works.
wynlyndd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 17th, 2019, 05:20 AM
Sorry for the frustration on this folks. Let me see what I can find out for you.
Lj Stephens is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Okay, apparently, this is a quite complicated feature that has yet to be fully surfaced for public use yet because the Formula and Crafting system functions more/less on EVERY piece of equipment in the entire system. Each of those requires its own unique formula, and in many cases multiple formulas, for varying different types of the same item.

We will have a solution in place to make this easily managed in the future, but it's honestly an immense undertaking to bootstrap each and every piece of equipment, gear, treasure, and alchemical item in the system to a specific formula that can be managed in a way similar to spells in a spellbook.

For now, you will have to use the manual process to pick a generic Formula based on level, then change the name and fill in the notes. We know this is less than ideal. Please bear with us, as this task is truly immense, and will require major surgery on the Hero Lab Engine to make possible and, as a consequence, it will take some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for reaching out!
Lj Stephens is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 20th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Thank you for the explanation....is it on the development road map? Also is there a way for community to "vote" on features for the road map. Basically to help set priority?

Also why is so complicated? Seems like it would either work like a spell is or you add them all as equipment? Just wondering
marroon69 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Larathiel

Old September 20th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Having never made an alchemist before in either PF1 or 2, I was really scratching my head wondering what I was doing wrong. Glad to know the formula book simply hasn't been implemented yet, I was about to give up in frustration!
Larathiel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Hi Marroon69

To answer your questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
1. Is it on the development road map?
2. Also is there a way for community to "vote" on features for the road map. Basically to help set priority?
3. Also why is so complicated?
1. We will have a solution in place to make this easily managed in the future, but it's honestly an immense undertaking to bootstrap each and every piece of equipment, gear, treasure, and alchemical item in the system to a specific formula that can be managed in a way similar to spells in a spellbook.

2. Yes, you can send a feature request to Support@wolflair.com

3. This is a quite complicated feature that has yet to be fully surfaced for public use yet because the Formula and Crafting system functions more/less on EVERY piece of equipment in the entire system. Each of those requires its own unique formula, and in many cases multiple formulas, for varying different types of the same item. ... This task is truly immense, and will require major surgery on the Hero Lab Engine to make possible and, as a consequence, it will take some time.

Thanks!
Lj Stephens is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old September 21st, 2019, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Hi Marroon69

To answer your questions:

1. We will have a solution in place to make this easily managed in the future, but it's honestly an immense undertaking to bootstrap each and every piece of equipment, gear, treasure, and alchemical item in the system to a specific formula that can be managed in a way similar to spells in a spellbook.

2. Yes, you can send a feature request to Support@wolflair.com

3. This is a quite complicated feature that has yet to be fully surfaced for public use yet because the Formula and Crafting system functions more/less on EVERY piece of equipment in the entire system. Each of those requires its own unique formula, and in many cases multiple formulas, for varying different types of the same item. ... This task is truly immense, and will require major surgery on the Hero Lab Engine to make possible and, as a consequence, it will take some time.

Thanks!
Thank you for the reply...I wonder if you focus on the Alchemist's formula book? There are a limited set of alchemical concoctions they can create and it is very much like a spell book. Using the spell book feature for just the alchemists formula book would simplify it and use an existing system.

I think we maybe need to separate out the Formula book from the Basic Crafting book since they are different. For over all crafting (Basic Crafting book) I can see that waiting...but the alchemist feels half finished to me. Just a thought
marroon69 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old September 21st, 2019, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marroon69 View Post
Thank you for the reply...I wonder if you focus on the Alchemist's formula book? There are a limited set of alchemical concoctions they can create and it is very much like a spell book. Using the spell book feature for just the alchemists formula book would simplify it and use an existing system.

I think we maybe need to separate out the Formula book from the Basic Crafting book since they are different. For over all crafting (Basic Crafting book) I can see that waiting...but the alchemist feels half finished to me. Just a thought
Agreed. This includes snares too
wynlyndd is offline   #9 Reply With Quote