Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 25th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Before reporting bugs, please read this post!

Ok gamers, I know that many of you have wanted me to start a bug reports thread for my Forgotten Realms data set. This thread is just for that purpose. If you find a bug, or something is working incorrectly, post it here. I will not be going through the pfsrd threads to find bugs for these files, so it is imperative that they be reported here so that I can address them when I have time to do so.

I do not guarantee these issues will be fixed as soon as they are received. It make take me months to get around to fixing the errors. I don't have a professional coding team at my beck and call checking and double checking my work. I haven't had time to double check data added by third parties yet either. I appreciate bugs being reported in a timely fashion, but note that I will not be fixing them as soon as they're received, they will be added to a to-do list that will be hammered out when time permits.

Ok just a note for everyone's reference, when reporting bugs to me, make sure you list the following with the bug reports.

Bug Report Checklist
This checklist gives you the items I will be looking for in bug reports.
  • Name of the Item
  • The Book that item is sourced to, this should be listed in its description text at the bottom of the description, scroll down to find it if necessary.
  • What type of item it is (weapon, feat, magic ring, etc.)
  • The bug being reported.

I don't like having to do detective work when bug stomping, the more information you can provide me about the bugs you find, the easier it will be for me to fix them.

Forgotten Realms for iPad
I do not know much about how to deal with iPad datafiles. I never wrote these files with the intention of them being used for iPad so I may not be able to fix iPad error messages that pop up. I apologize if this is an inconvenience to some of you, but my intention was to create working data files for personal computer usage and for sheets to be printable. iPad errors will get added to a separate to-do list but they will not have as high a priority on my list of fixes as errors that occur on the computer version.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 5th, 2014 at 08:51 PM.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 25th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Bugs Fixed data report

FRCS Feats
Education Feat was assigning the class skill helper too late, bug has been fixed and the feat works properly now. Thanks to jbearwillis for finding this bug and pointing it out to me.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; February 6th, 2014 at 07:32 PM.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 25th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Reserved #3

RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old January 26th, 2014, 07:38 PM
When reporting bugs, please report the full text of any errors you find if they pop up. I am sending out a read me file with the new data. Be sure to read it before installing the new update. If an error is attached to a specific unique id, I will need that id to find and fix the error. I tested the new release on a computer that has only the basic pathfinder license installed, so the data should work properly.

RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 7th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I just made a character with the "Magic in the Blood" with a deep gnome and it doesn't seem to be working. It doesn't raise the use of their spell-like abilities to 2 uses per day - it stays at 1. No errors are thrown, just doesn't work.
jbearwillis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 7th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
I just made a character with the "Magic in the Blood" with a deep gnome and it doesn't seem to be working. It doesn't raise the use of their spell-like abilities to 2 uses per day - it stays at 1. No errors are thrown, just doesn't work.
Magic in the Blood is what? Feat? Trait? I need more details. I'll add this to the to-do list to fix it.

RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 7th, 2014, 09:07 PM
"Magic in the Blood" is a feat, sorry was writing that to fast - thought I put that in there.
jbearwillis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 21st, 2014, 05:50 PM
Quote:
"Magic in the Blood" is a feat, sorry was writing that to fast - thought I put that in there.
Ok just a note for everyone's reference, when reporting bugs to me, make sure you list the following with the bug reports.
  • Name of the Item
  • The Book that item is sourced to, this should be listed in its description text.
  • What type of item it is (weapon, feat, magic ring, etc.)
  • The bug being reported.

I don't like having to do detective work when bug stomping, the more information you can provide me about the bugs you find, the easier it will be for me to fix them.

RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old February 21st, 2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Ok I need to know which file this item is sourced to. I'll add it into the file to-do list. If it is from Races of Faerun, it might already be a known issue, the release notes state that not all of the feats are working correctly yet, I plan on fixing them in a later release.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 21st, 2014, 06:19 PM
The source for the feat "Magic in the Blood" is in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.
jbearwillis is offline   #10 Reply With Quote